Secours Islamique France (SIF) founded in 1991 is an international Non Governmental solidarity Organization acting in the fields of humanitarian and development aid, in France and worldwide. Working in the field for over 20 years, Secours Islamique France is now active in more than twenty countries, mainly in three sectors: water and sanitation, food security, and childhood. Teams of employees and volunteers working for Secours Islamique France also play an active role in France, fighting against exclusion and insecurity by various means. Alongside its operational aid activities, Secours Islamique France has developed an ability to advocate in order to bear witness and to alert the international community about the living conditions of the most vulnerable. SIF is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor in France and around the world, while respecting cultural diversity without making any distinction based on origins, political affiliations, gender or beliefs, and without expecting anything in return. It intervenes where humanitarian and social needs require emergency mobilization of relief efforts as well as the implementation of development programs and advocacy actions. SIF is present in Pakistan since 2010 and currently working in three districts (Tharparkar in Sindh, Peshawar & FATA in KP and Islamabad/Rawalpindi in Punjab).
Position holder will be based in field office in Tharparkar with responsibility to contribute inimplementation of the project activities under WFP project. Main task will include feasibility assessment of structural schemes, implement and monitor construction and rehabilitation work related to WASH schemeswithin available resources for drought affected communities in district Tharparkar.
Methodology and Tools Development
- Develop methodology and tools to collect the data for the feasibility assessment of WASH Structures.
- Conduct field visits and collect the data of the WASH/ CPI structures in close collaboration with targeted communities and community based organizations.
- Develop the detailed report of the assessed structures and provide recommendations for the feasiblestructures.
Cost Estimation of Proposed Schemes
- Ensure to develop the BOQ well in time and get it validated.
- Develop the appropriate designs that are locally used and environment friendly.
- Submission of the material request for the procurement of material and services.
- Regular follow ups to ensure the procurement process well in time.
- Technical review of the samples of construction material
- Participation in Procurement Committees as the technical person
- Ensure that vendor has supplied the material as per the approved samples.
- Timely delivery of Material and construction at selected locations.
Monitoring & Supervision of Construction Schemes
- Monitoring of the construction work in the field during the commencement of the rehabilitation / rehabilitation work.
- Ensure that defined quality and quantity is used for the rehabilitation and construction work.
- Ensure that all the desired material is used for the construction and rehabilitation of CPI schemes as per the approved designs.
Planning, Reporting, Documentation and Coordination
- Plan construction activities as per the project plan
- Ensure that all the schemes should be completed within stipulated time
- Prepare and submit field visit report including weekly, monthly and scheme completion report
- Present the completion report of the each scheme
- Develop and present the detailed report of all the CPI schemes.
- Ensure that all the documents of the CPI schemes are properly filled and documented.
- Ensure proper coordination within the base and country team as well as relevant district stakeholders.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification & Skills:
· Bachelors in Civil Engineering.
· 5-6 years of job related experience in reputable organizations.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in WASH and CPI projects with good knowledge of CASH FOR WORK activities.
· Proficient with technical design software Auto CAD or Sketchup.
· Excellent communication and good report writing skills.
· Ability to organise work schedule on regular basis and flexibility; discrete and respectful to confidentiality.
· The person must betolerant and sensitive to needs of religious and ethnic,minorities, women, children and the poor.
· Good Team player and motivated to work in remote and uncertain environment respecting standard operating procedures as advised and instructed.
We are equal opportunity employer.
Hiring for this position is contingent/subject to donor funding.
"SIF Mission Pakistan endevour to protect all from of exploitation and abuse outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). Secours Islamique France has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’