Note: SIF is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The Hiring is subject to donor funding*
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law. The SIF has a zero-tolerance policy towards any type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or violence of any kind whatsoever and more generally any violation of legislation, regulations or its code of conduct.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
Hiring will be done on rolling basis.
Whoever tries to influence the hiring process through calls or emails shall be Blacklisted from the process.
The Finance Assistant will support SIF in the implementation of a CBT project funded by WFP.
Based in Larkana, Sindh under the supervision of Finance Officer, Finance Assistant is overall responsible for all financial management and administration related tasks. He/she is an expert in NGO Administration and Financial management of operational program.
- Part of the finance team, as a key player ;
- The Finance Assistant by assisting Finance Officer is overall responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, Finalizing the payroll, financial reports, follow ups and administration and managing expats visas.
- Performing all actions and producing all documents, feedbacks and links that will allow the SIF to achieve its objectives and provide self-audit and monitoring capacity.
Objective 1: Accounting and invocies & Allowance Payment Activities:
- Prepare the Financial follow-up of SIF activities (expenses follow-up, budget follow-up)
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of and implement national government requirements and regulations related to financial matters such as income tax, Sales Taxes social security, etc
- Monthly closure of the accounts (Check all invoices and writings, prepare the final excel file, match advances and group invoices, import the accounting in Saga).
- Preparation of Monthly Closing Documents (Inventories, Bank Reconciliation, etc)
- Ensure the respect of the procedures before any payment (validation form, etc)
- Review all the payments documents for proper coding and supporting documents.
- Prepare sending of accountancy archives to country office (edit packing list, follow up listing of archives)
- Supervises the archiving of the accounting documents in the field and its transmission to the BO.
Objective 2: Managing the Cash flow Activities:
- Management of the Cashbox (Check the invoices, Process all advances, all payments, enter the information needed in the cashbook, daily/monthly inventory, weekly/monthly check, etc).
- Prepare the Cash flow forecast after validation of Project.
- Submit the cash forecast on HQ format to Finance Officer after consultation with another department
- Record and follow up all administrative expenses in the Monthly Expenses Follow-up.
- Cross check the monthly payroll for all staff.
- Organize and ensure the withdrawals from the bank, the money changing and transfers to field bases
- Follow-up all documents concerning the bank (local funds received, transfer request letters, etc.).
- Ensures good relations with the bank, investigates and acts as an advice about bank procedures.
- Prepares requests for the bank (financial operations, administrative management of SIF accounts).
- Ensure advance request/BCI is prior validated/approved by budget holder before doing any cash payment.
Objective 3: Tax Management Activities:
- Ensure that withholding Income & Sales Tax deductions are as per Govt of Pakistan rules and deposited to Government
- Deduct Withholding Taxes and submit to Government as per Government Rules.
- Ensure that monthly withholding Taxes returns submitted to Govt. on time.
- Ensure that filing of annual Tax return along with filing of annual accounts to Govt.
Objective 4: Internal and External Audits Activities:
- Assist Finance Officer in Preparation of the financial reporting and audit documentation.
- Ensure Internal control audits, and initiate and implement actions necessary to correct weaknesses.
- Perform physical Inventory check of all offices after every six months or at least annually.
Objective 5: Report Activities:
- Assist in closing of accounts and preparation of monthly expense report.
- Prepare Monthly BFUs related to the base.
- Provide support to prepare annual and quarterly work plans and reports
- Assist Finance Officer in donor reporting
- Keep updated both the line managers “administrative & Technical” about ongoing activities and future plan of work.
- Submission of weekly and monthly plan to line managers.
Objective 6: External Gov. Dealing:
- Coordinate with Home & Tribal Affair department & Interior Ministry to provide requisite documentation for organization MOU and Expatriate travel NOCs.
- Provide the necessary information to Finance Officer to ensure compliance with National regulations with respect to administrative matters (e.g. registration, taxation and labour laws), especially when changes occurs in the procedures.
- Manage, follow-up and report to Finance Officer the legal procedures and documents requirements (visa, stay permit, travel permit, departure and arrival procedures) for all national and international staff
This list is not limited; the employee may be required to perform any other task necessary and compatible with its functions assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge and skills:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance. Partially CA, ICMA or ACCA qualified.
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting from College/Institutions preferred.
- Minimum of Five years of experience in a finance role.
- Good computer skills; word, excel, PowerPoint and database.
- Very good communication skills and team player, as well as ability to work individually.
- Fluency in English language is required.
- Demonstrated organizational ability is strongly desire.
- Ability to liaise with national authorities, NGO’s and other agencies.
- Able to work independently, make decisions and exhibit flexibility.
- Flexibility and adaptability is required.