Note: SIF is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Female's, disabled and Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.All the positions will be filled on priority basis and applications will be closed as soon as positions are filled.
Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated. Candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process will be automatically disqualified.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law. The SIF has a zero-tolerance policy towards any type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or violence of any kind whatsoever and more generally any violation of legislation, regulations or its code of conduct.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures child security as a primary consideration. Hiring is subject to donor funding.
Hiring will be done on rolling basis.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Security/Logistics will be based in SIF field office Killa Saifullah, balochistan. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Project/Base Manager. He is an expert in Logistics management. He is in charge of SIF regional base Logistics functions and will support in implementation of WFP funded project.
- Part of the Logistics function team, as a key player ;
- Performing all actions and producing all documents, feedbacks of Supply chain with the objectives of effectiveness and responsiveness.
MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Objective 1: Logistics/Procurement Activities:
- Manage the chain of supplies.
- Arrange & set procurement planning with programme staff before starting of the projects.
- Procurement of goods/services as per SIF policy.
- Timely delivery of items to the requester.
- Receive the supplies ordered and keep their follow-up up to date;
- Ensure that all purchase procedures are followed any discrepancies to be reported to the concerned.
- To keep records and maintain list of suppliers and local repair/maintenance shops, and to conduct price comparisons among them, in order to get the best deals.
Draw up a planning of the monthly purchases;
- Keep the different departments informed of the treatment given to their orders;
- Check the supplies (quality, price, procedure) ;
- Follow the management of stocks (storage conditions, report, expiry date) ;
- Check delivery to the departments;
- Supervise allocation and use of equipment;
- Ensure installation, maintenance and repairs of the equipment;
- Update the equipment list of the mission ;
- Supervise the management, the renovation and maintenance of structures needed for the functioning (office, guesthouse, warehouse);
- Supervise the use made of the communication means.
Objective 2: Fleet Management Activities
- Supervise the management of the pool of vehicles: maintenance, daily planning.
- Supervise. Monitor and train the drivers.
- Monitor regular consumption of vehicles.
- Monitor regular checks of vehicles by driver and all equipment placements in the vehicle.
- Design weekly vehicle allocation plan for staff members.
Objective 3: Security Activities
- Assist CLM for the security assessment of premises (Warehouse, Office, guesthouse etc)
- Assist CLM to design country security plan in country level context.
- Share security updates and meeting minutes with CLM.
- Attend regular security forum meetings and share updates.
- Provide roaster to Security Guard in the beginning of every month.
- Supervise and monitor security guards.
- Provide training on Personal & travel safety and security to staff members
- Monthly reporting and incident reporting.
- Process expat travel NOC for project area visits
Objective 4: Reporting Activities:
- Write a logistics report: narrative of activities, stock reports, reports on donations in kind, list of car prices, equipment list, logistics organization chart (if relevant) ;
- Write minutes of meetings ;
- Write reports on incidents ;
- Security updates and reporting.
This list is not limited;the employee may be required to perform any other task necessary and compatible with its functions.
- University degree in Management, Administration and diploma in supply chain management.
- At least 6 years relevant work experience in logistics, procurement, & security.
- Experience in international development and non-profit organisations.
- Experience in the commodity management.
- Good computer skills; word,excel, PowerPoint and database.
- Very good communication skills and team player, as well as ability to work individually.
- Experience in writing reports in English.
- Ability to liaise with national authorities, NGO’s and other agencies.
- LTV Driving license and forklift driving certificate.