Based in TharparkarSindh,the MEAL Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Base/Program Manager. He/she must have experience in NGO project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Is part of the MEALdepartment;
- Is a key member of Programme quality support team within the SIF Pakistan mission
- Will be managing monitoring and/or evaluation/assessment and survey related activities (for designing basic data collection tools, data collection through FGDs, Questionnaires and Interviews as well as through direct observations and to generate monitoring visit reports, do basic data analysis)
Role & Responsibilities:
RObjective 1: Surveys & Assessments
- Facilitate program department in baseline survey and need assessments in terms of forming data collection tools, sample size, training of data collection team.
- Conduct interviews with line departments, conduct PRA exercise and administer questionnaires.
- Ensure data quality and data consistency during data collection and data entry, manage database and facilitate in data analysis,
- Facilitate program department in first draft report of surveys (baseline & end-line and assessments)
Objective 2:Project design andimplementation
- Assist supervisor/line manager in documentation/desk review for all the project and give feedbacks and ensure alignment to minimum standards;
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to SIF’s monitoring and evaluation system;
- Provide technical inputs in program development process and facilitate in logframe formation (e.g. indicators, MOVs and risk & assumption matrix development)
Objective 3:Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop M&E Plan for every new project in coordination with the project officer and get it approved from immediate supervisor and the MEAL Coordinator; follow the M&E Plan
- Carry out regular and routine field monitoring of program activities and produce monitoring visit reports on the given format; conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan; and report to MEAL Coordinator and Base Manager
- Carry out follow-up monitoring visits to materialize actions agreed in action plan, also maintain Monitoring-Action Plan Tracker at field level; and report toMEAL Coordinator
- To assist in reviewing of PMP tools of diverse projects in order to maintain data quality for collating reliable and consistent beneficiaries and activities datawhich meets minimum reporting requirements of donors and SIF
- To assist in planning and implementation of internal monitoring and evaluation exercises and impact assessments in terms of case/success stories and during project evaluation when needed
- Manage all internal evaluation activities of the base; systematically ensure the analysis of results is shared with stakeholders
- Hold regular monthly review meetings with base program team and support the update of PMP activities work plan and monitoring sheet
- Insure and support the completion of thebeneficiaries’ database in coordination with program team
- Validate PMP provided information through different means of verifications and conduct beneficiaries follow up randomly
- Ensure accountability at field level during program implementation by orienting program team and beneficiaries during activities.
- Ensure display of SCRM banners and boxes are displayed and placed at activities intervention locations
- Ensure by random verification that SCRM is known by beneficiaries and SIF staff
- Update and manage Suggestion and Complaint Mechanism Database and share with MEAL Coordinator on regular monthly basis. Maintain complaints and feedback tracking database and do follow up on complaints to reach a resolution involving relevant project/program staffs
- Hold CRC (Complaints Review Committee) meetings to review SCRM database and investigate serious complaints and incorporate suggestions and feedback if feasible. Generate MOM (Minutes of Meeting) of CRC regular meeting and investigation reports.
Objective 5: Learning
- To assist MEAL Coordinator in identifying key compliance/quality questions and parameters capitalizing on the existing checklists and minimum standards for monitoring project performance
- Assist MEAL Coordinator in developing monthly, quarterly, six-month and annual reports
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and sharing learning with the SIF employees
- Responsible to conduct and facilitate learning workshops
- University degree (B.A. or Master) in Project Monitoring, Project Management,Social Sciences, Statistics, Economy, Econometricsor similaris required
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation,or Project Management with good knowledge of MEAL mechanism
- Experience in international development and/or non-profit organisations
- Experience in writing reports in English
- Good computer skills; Word,Excel, PowerPoint and database
View as an asset:
- Experience in conducting surveys, evaluations as an internal auditor or external consultant
- Knowledge of Sindh context
- Computer software skills: SPSS, GIS or other
- Very good communication skills and team player, as well as ability to work individually
- Fluent in Urdu and English and Sindhi languages
- Demonstrated organizational ability is strongly desire
- Ability to liaise with national authorities, NGO’s and other agencies
- Flexibility and adaptability are required
Note: This position is for three months.