Secours Islamique France (SIF) founded in 1991 is an international Non Governmental solidarity Organization acting in the fields of humanitarian and development aid, in France and worldwide. Working in the field for over 20 years, Secours Islamique France is now active in more than twenty countries, mainly in three sectors: water and sanitation, food security, and childhood. Teams of employees and volunteers working for Secours Islamique France also play an active role in France, fighting against exclusion and insecurity by various means. Alongside its operational aid activities, Secours Islamique France has developed an ability to advocate in order to bear witness and to alert the international community about the living conditions of the most vulnerable. SIF is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor in France and around the world, while respecting cultural diversity without making any distinction based on origins, political affiliations, gender or beliefs, and without expecting anything in return. It intervenes where humanitarian and social needs require emergency mobilization of relief efforts as well as the implementation of development programs and advocacy actions. SIF is present in Pakistan since 2010 and currently working in three districts (Tharparkar in Sindh, Peshawar & FATA in KP and Islamabad/Rawalpindi in Punjab).
Based in Tharparkar Sindh,the MEAL Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Base/Program Manager. He/she must have experience in NGO project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Is part of the MEALdepartment;
- Is a key member of Program quality support team within the SIF Pakistan mission
- Will be managing monitoring and/or evaluation/assessment and survey related activities (for designing basic data collection tools, data collection through FGDs, Questionnaires and Interviews as well as through direct observations and to generate monitoring visit reports, do basic data analysis)
Objective 1: Surveys & Assessments
- Facilitate program department in baseline survey and need assessments in terms of forming data collection tools, sample size, training of data collection team.
- Conduct interviews with line departments, conduct PRA exercise and administer questionnaires.
- Ensure data quality and data consistency during data collection and data entry, manage database and facilitate in data analysis,
- Facilitate program department in first draft report of surveys (baseline & end-line and assessments)
Objective 2:Project design andimplementation
- Assist supervisor/line manager in documentation/desk review for all the project and give feedbacks and ensure alignment to minimum standards;
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to SIF’s monitoring and evaluation system;
- Provide technical inputs in program development process and facilitate in log frame formation (e.g. indicators, MOVs and risk & assumption matrix development)
Objective 3:Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop M&E Plan for every new project in coordination with the project manager and Base MEAL officer and get it approved from immediate supervisor and the MEAL Manager; follow the M&E Plan.
- Carry out regular and routine field monitoring of program activities and produce monitoring visit reports on the given format; conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan; and report to MEAL Manager and Base Manager.
- Carry out follow-up monitoring visits to materialize actions agreed in action plan, also maintain Monitoring-Action Plan Tracker at field level; and report toMEAL Manager.
- To assist in planning and implementation of internal monitoring and evaluation exercises and impact assessments in terms of case/success stories and during project evaluationwhen needed.
- Manage all internal evaluation activities of the base; systematically ensure the analysis of results is shared with stakeholders.
- Ensure and support the completion of thebeneficiaries’ database in coordination with program team
- Ensure accountability at field level during program implementationby orienting program team and beneficiaries during activities.
- Ensure display of CRM banners and boxes are displayed and placed at activities intervention locations
- Ensure by random verification that CRM is known by beneficiaries and SIF staff.
- Update and manage Suggestion and Complaint Mechanism Database and share with MEAL Manager regular monthly basis. Maintain complaints and feedback tracking database and do follow up on complaints to reach a resolution involving relevant project/program staff.
- Hold CRC (Complaints Review Committee) meetings to review SCRM database and investigate serious complaints and incorporate suggestions and feedback if feasible. Generate MOM (Minutes of Meeting) of CRC regular meeting and investigation reports.
Objective 5: Learning
- To assist Base MEAL Officer in identifying key compliance/quality questions and parameters capitalizing on the existing checklists and minimum standards for monitoring project performance
- Assist MEAL Officer in developing monthly, quarterly, six-month and annual reports
- Assist MEAL Officer in developing case studies or success stories
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and sharing learning with the SIF employees
- Responsible to conduct and facilitate learning workshops
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- University degree (B.A. or Master) in Project Monitoring, Project Management,Social Sciences, Statistics, Economy, Econometricsor similaris required
- At least 4 years relevant work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation,or Project Management with good knowledge of MEAL mechanism
- Experience in international development and/or non-profit organisations
- Experience in writing reports in English
- Good computer skills; Word,Excel, PowerPoint and database
View as an asset:
- Experience in conducting surveys, evaluations as an internal auditor or external consultant
- Knowledge of Sindh context
- Computer software skills: SPSS, GIS or other
- Very good communication skills and team player, as well as ability to work individually
- Fluent in Urdu and English and Sindhi languages
- Demonstrated organizational ability is strongly desire
- Ability to liaise with national authorities, NGO’s and other agencies
- Flexibility and adaptability are required
We are equal opportunity employer.
Hiring for this position is contingent/subject to donor funding.
"SIF Mission Pakistan endevour to protect all from of exploitation and abuse outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). Secours Islamique France has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’