Note: SIF is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The Hiring is subject to donor funding
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The selection is on a continuous basis,Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
The SIF has a zero-tolerance policy towards any type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or violence of any kind whatsoever and more generally any violation of legislation, regulations or its code of conduct.SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures
child security as a primary consideration.
Hiring is subject to donor funding.
SIF Mission Pakistan endeavor to protect all from of exploitation and abuse outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA).
Secours Islamique France has zero-tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.
Hiring will be done on rolling basis.
Whoever tries to influence the hiring process through calls or emails shall be Blacklisted from the process.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
Based in Larkana, Sindh the MEAL Officer will work on WFP funded CBT project and will work under the direct administrative supervision of the Project Manager and under the direct technical supervision of the MEAL Manager at the SIF Country Office. He/she must have experience in INGO project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Is part of the MEAL department;
- Is a key member of Program quality support team within the SIF Pakistan mission
- Will be managing monitoring and/or evaluation/assessment and survey related activities (for designing basic data collection tools, data collection through FGDs, Questionnaires and Interviews as well as through direct observations and to generate monitoring visit reports, do basic data analysis)
MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Objective 1: Surveys & Assessments
- Facilitate program department in need assessments, baseline, end-line and post-distribution monitoring surveys in terms of forming data collection tools, sample size, training of data collection team.
- Conduct interviews with line departments, conduct PRA exercises and administer questionnaires.
- Ensure data quality and data consistency during data collection and data entry, manage database and facilitate in data analysis. Conduct data audit of up to 5% sample of the field data collection as well as data entered into the database by project or data entry staff and generate data audit report and share with MEAL Manager.
- Facilitate program department in the first draft report of surveys (baseline & end-line and assessments)
Objective 2: Project design and implementation
- Assist supervisor/line manager in documentation/desk review for all the projects and give feedback and ensure alignment to minimum standards;
- Extract and analyze firsthand information of the existing surveys carried out in program base and provide key findings to be incorporate in the need assessment section(s) of the proposals or concept notes.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to SIF’s monitoring and evaluation system;
- Provide technical inputs in program development process and facilitate in log frame formation (e.g. indicators, MOVs and risk & assumption matrix development)
Objective 3: Monitoring and Evaluation
Develop M&E Plan for every new projectin PMP tool with coordination with the project manager and get it approved from the immediate supervisor and the MEAL Manager;and follow the M&E Plan during project implementation.
- Carry out regular and routine field monitoring of program activities and produce monitoring visit reports on the given format; conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan; and report to MEAL Manager and Base Manager.
- Carry out follow-up monitoring visits to materialize actions agreed in action plan, also maintain Monitoring-Action Plan Tracker at field level; and report to MEAL Manager and Base Manager.
- To assist in planning and implementation of internal monitoring and evaluation exercises and impact assessments in terms of case/success stories and during project evaluation when needed.
- Manage all internal evaluation activities of the base; systematically ensure the analysis of results is shared with stakeholders.
- Ensure and support the completion of the beneficiaries database in coordination with the program team.
- Review and update PMP of each project in his/her respective program base during monthly review meeting and share with MEAL Manager along with complete MOVs.
- Support MEAL Manager in developing TORs for evaluation of the project(s) and support external evaluator in conducting independent evaluation at project sites.
- Ensure accountability at the field level during program implementation by orienting program team and beneficiaries during activities on SIF CRM/CBCM.
- Ensure display of CRM banners and boxes are installed at activities intervention locations and visit the targeted locations/areas/villages under project(s) to identify the gaps and challenges regarding CRM implementation.
- Ensure beneficiaries have been oriented by project and MEAL team before start of each project activity and make sures that complaints and feedback are properly acknowledged, registered, processed, resolved timely and being responded to the complainants and feedback provider.
- Share updated CBCM/CRM database routinely with MEAL Manager at the country office on monthly bases.
Objective 5: Learning
- Support MEAL Manager in organizing monthly/midyear/annual review meetings and lessons learnt workshop;
- Take minutes of the review meeting and lessons learnt workshop and share with MEAL Manager.
- Identify and document time to time the key learning points during project implementation in the field and share during monthly reporting submissions to MEAL Manager at country office level and at base level with Base Program Manager.
- Lead in developing case studies or success stories to be used as lessons learnt and for monitoring/evaluation purposes.
Objective 6: Coordination
- Ensure smooth coordination with key working groups in the field level and other stakeholders such as VDCs, Committees, Cooperatives, and Government Line Department in terms of monitoring.
- Ensure to involve the stakeholders in project monitoring and supervision and building their capacity therein.
- Ensure very good upward, parallel and downward inter and intra department coordination with his/his line manager and sub-ordinates and with other team members and act as pro-active team member.
Objective 7: Reporting & Communication
- Meet the reporting deadlines on weekly and monthly bases and share MEAL reports timely with Program Project Manager and MEAL Manager.
- Ensure MEAL manager and Project manager are equally informed about the future task and ongoing activities.
- Ensure proper communication protocols while sharing the general and confidential information sharing with targeted and concerned audience/staff and keep updated his/her technical supervisor MEAL Manager and Program Base Manager about every development at each stages of project implementation.
Objective 8: Capacity Building
- Support MEAL Manager in building capacity of project and MEAL staff (MEAL assistants) at field level in terms of data collection, monitoring and evaluation as well as implementation of SIF safeguarding policy.
- Build the capacity of the project staff, MEAL staff as well as community members about SIF CRM/CBCM.
- Build the capacity of the field level stakeholders such as VDCs, Committees, Cooperatives, and Government Line Department in terms of monitoring of SIF projects implementation.
This list is not limited;the employee may be required to perform any other task necessary and compatible with its functions assigned by supervisor or HOM.
- University degree (Master) in Project Monitoring, Project Management,Social Sciences, Statistics, Economy, Econometrics or similar is required
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation,or Project Management with good knowledge of MEAL mechanism
- Experience in international development and/or non-profit organizations
- Experience in writing reports in English
- Good computer skills; Word,Excel, PowerPoint and database
View as an asset:
- Experience in conducting surveys, evaluations as an internal auditor or external consultant
- Knowledge of Sindh context
- Computer software skills: SPSS or other
- Very good communication skills and team player, as well as ability to work individually
- Fluent in Urdu and English and local languages
- Demonstrated organizational ability is strongly desire
- Ability to liaise with national authorities, NGO’s and other agencies
- Flexibility and adaptability are required