Secours Islamique France (SIF) founded in 1991 is an international Non Governmental solidarity Organization acting in the fields of humanitarian and development aid, in France and worldwide. Working in the field for over 20 years, Secours Islamique France is now active in more than twenty countries, mainly in three sectors: water and sanitation, food security, and childhood. Teams of employees and volunteers working for Secours Islamique France also play an active role in France, fighting against exclusion and insecurity by various means. Alongside its operational aid activities, Secours Islamique France has developed an ability to advocate in order to bear witness and to alert the international community about the living conditions of the most vulnerable. SIF is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor in France and around the world, while respecting cultural diversity without making any distinction based on origins, political affiliations, gender or beliefs, and without expecting anything in return. It intervenes where humanitarian and social needs require emergency mobilization of relief efforts as well as the implementation of development programs and advocacy actions. SIF is present in Pakistan since 2010 and currently working in three districts (Tharparkar in Sindh, Peshawar & FATA in KP and Islamabad/Rawalpindi in Punjab).
This role will be based inTharparkar witha responsibility toimplement the WFP funded project activities. Main task will include project implementation at community levelfor drought affected communities in Tharparkar, within available budget, planned resources, and timelines.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Prepare activity implementation plan and discuss the required resources to undertake the activity
- Ensure the community participation the project activities
- Form / re-organise Community Based organizations (CBOs) male/female
- Conduct Village mapping/profiling through different PRA tools (i.e. is BBCMs, Mapping/profile, conflict resolution wealth ranking etc
- Mobilise community and orient project and organisation’s mandate
- Work with community members to map and prioritize community needs
- Identify and organize appropriate capacity building, and technical resources to support project implementation
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation of Food Security, Livelihoods, Cash transfer and WASH related interventions at community level.
- Write regular weekly, monthly and other reports (as per suggestion and need)
- Facilitation and support in conducting the awareness sessions
- Mobilize community groups, sensitize and train them on specific topics as required, organize and facilitate meetings.
- Follow the Social Mobilisation guidelines of SIF and implement it at community level.
- Perform other duties as requested by the line supervisor
- Prepare daily field visit reports after commencing the visit in the field
- Prepare and submit weekly progress report well on time
- Prepare any other reports when required/asked by the supervisor
- Actively participate in staff meetings
Knowledge & Skills Required:
· Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
· At least have 4 Years of experience with NGO/ INGO’son related positions
· Prior experience in Tharparkar will be preferred
· Clear understanding of context in district Tharparkar
· Good report writing skills
· Good inter-personal, coordination and presentation skills.
· Fluency in local language.
· Cultural sensitive and respect the diversity
· Self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.
· Able to deal with people at all levels with tact and diplomacy.
· Good Team player and motivated to work in remote and uncertain environment respecting standard operating procedures as devised and instructed.
We are equal opportunity employer.
Hiring for this position is contingent/subject to donor funding.
"SIF Mission Pakistan endevour to protect all from of exploitation and abuse outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). Secours Islamique France has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’