Position holder will be based in Base office at Mithi with responsibility toimplement the project activities under “Restore and Sustain Livelihood Condition of Nutrition Insecure Communities – Resilience” in two union council of Taluka Diplo. Main task will include feasibility assessment of structural schemes, implement and monitor construction and rehabilitation work related to WASH schemeswithin available resources for drought affected communities in district Tharparkar.
Methodology and Tools Development
- Develop methodology and tools to collect the data for the feasibility assessment of WASH Structures.
- Conduct field visits and collect the data of the WASH structures in close collaboration with targeted communities and community based organizations.
- Develop the detailed report of the assessed structures and provide recommendations for the feasiblestructures.
Cost Estimation of Proposed Schemes
- Ensure to develop the BOQ well in time and get it validated.
- Develop the appropriate designs that are locally used and environment friendly.
- Submission of the material request for the procurement of material and services.
- Regular follow ups to ensure the procurement process well in time.
- Technical review of the samples of construction material
- Participation in Procurement Committees as the technical person
- Ensure that vendor has supplied the material as per the approved samples.
- Timely delivery of Material and construction at selected locations.
Monitoring & Supervision of Construction Schemes
- Monitoring of the construction work in the field during the commencement of the rehabilitation / rehabilitation work.
- Ensure that defined quality and quantity is used for the rehabilitation and construction work.
- Ensure that all the desired material is used for the construction and rehabilitation of CPI schemes as per the approved designs.
Planning, Reporting, Documentation and Coordination
- Plan construction activities as per the project plan
- Ensure that all the schemes should be completed within stipulated time
- Prepare and submit filed visit report including weekly, monthly and scheme completion report
- Present the completion report of the each scheme
- Develop and present the detailed report of all the CPI schemes.
- Ensure that all the documents of the CPI schemes are properly filled and documented.
- Ensure proper coordination within the base and country team as well as relevant district stakeholders.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
· Bachelors in Civil Engineering.
· 5-6 years of job related experience in reputable organizations.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in WASH.
· Proficient with technical design software AutoCad or Sketchup.
· Excellent communication and good report writing skills.
· Ability to organise work schedule on regular basis and flexibility; discrete and respectful to confidentiality
· The person must betolerant and sensitive to needs of religious and ethnic,minorities, women, children and the poor.
· Good Team player and motivated to work in remote and uncertain environment respecting standard operating procedures as advised and instructed.