Design and implementation of statistical models (in financial and regulatory reporting)
1) Finding relevant datasets in the public domain
2) Creation of mock data where public information is not available
3) Building a test library of models from examples provided in a software package
4) Development of statistical models (eg simple regression, logistic regression, discriminant analysis, etc) to quantify relationships between macroeconomic and relevant financial variables, eg GDP vs default rates, exchange rate vs cost of equipment, etc on that describes development and validation for each model, including details of tests conducted
6) Systematic building of proprietary model library
7) Not a must but good to develop an understanding of:
Stress testing requirements of central banks.