The position is located in the Sever4Slae Project Offices in the T.M. Kuhan, Sujawal, Thatta, Tando Allahyar, Qamber Shadakot, Larkana, Dadu, Shikarpure, Jamshoro, Matiari Districts of Sindh.
The main aim is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural and fisheries sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
· Ensure the effective implementation of program activities.
· Sustain internal and external coordination.
· Coordinate and provide technical support for successful implementation of the program
· Facilitate experimentation, participatory learning by doing and training on plants disease and insect pest management, integrated weed management, integrated soil fertility management, Farm economics and financial literacy, and other issues that come up for individual groups.
· Farmer Field Schools (FFS) establishment for participatory learning, training and experimentation
· Trainings facilitated on specific crop related issues through FFS
· Field based FFS, FBS (Farmer Business Schools) actions plans developed
· Contribute in FFS extension materials development
· Prepared work plans with clear objectives, implementation schedules and milestones
· Prepared weekly, monthly reports of the project.
· Organize different types of trainings for communities.
· Contribute to FFS extension and training materials development
· Develop and organize crop based FFS and implement all FFS stages and components with regular field follow-up and interaction with participants;
· The FFS facilitator works directly with farmers, and helps them discover important concepts/ issues in crops farming through practical learning.
· Conduct awareness-raising meetings to introduce the FFS concept, identify the farmers and learning site/ sites;
- Report progress of the FFS and demonstrations plots activities;
· Other tasks as assigned by the line manager.