Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
2. Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
3. Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
4. Prepare sales slips.
5. Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges.
6. Maintain records related to sales.
7. Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items.
8. Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
9. Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
10. Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
11. Clean shelves, counters, and tables.
12. Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
13. Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
14. Bag or package purchases and wrap gifts.