Coordination, Advocacy and liaison
- Conduct and share situation analysis in context to COVID-19 at the district level, critical gaps versus available resources and explore opportunities of collaboration of Maternal and newborn nutrition. and possibility of alignment of program activities with COVID.
- Develop and maintain linkages/coordination at the district level with Department of Health, vertical programs such as Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) Program; National Program for Family Planning and Primary Health Care and Nutrition Units/Cells and relevant NGO partners
- Maintain constant effective communication with key policy makers/administration at district level for timely sharing of program related information on monthly basis.
- Represent Nutrition International in different district based forums
- Maintain regular liaison with the provincial/national coordinator to inform about project activities and seek guidance as per project deliverables
- Develop and share a monthly plan in consultation with the Provincial/National Coordinator and field officers, including M&E activities, meetings including reviews, visits to project area and facilities/community.
- Retrieve a monthly plan from all field staff engaged in the implementation of the Right Start project.
- Compile & submit a district plan of trainings/meetings/events.
- Participate in important government planning meetings on regular basis to inform the project activities
- Organize training sessions for the health care providers working in public sector in close coordination and collaboration with district authorities.
- Facilitate trainings for the LHWs/HCPs on IFA consumption, KMCIYCN and others as and when advised.
- Maintain training pre and post training records at the district level including M&E and training reports for internal and external submission
- Ensure that trainees data is available with concerned official e.g LHS for LHWs and Health facility/DoH for HCPs.
Strengthening supply and delivery system
- Facilitate in smooth and effective maintenance of supply chain mechanism at the district level for uninterrupted supply and distribution on regular basis to the project sites of commodities, training and communication material as directed by the management.
- Ensure that the district, tehsil and health facility levels maintain logistics and distribution of the commodities
Support on data collection
- Support and supervise in monthly data collection as per project deliverables
- Identify gaps in data collection and provide on-the job coaching to improve data quality and keep district authorities and provincial coordinator informed.
- Analyze and share data with authorities with information on data trends with regards to project deliverables in the monthly coordination meetings
Assessment, Monitoring and Supervision
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of the project against objectives outlined in the project using methods and tools developed/ shared by NI.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the Provincial Coordinator, organize and carry out monthly project review meetings with district project staff.
- Undertake field visits for regular monitoring to ensure strict compliance and utilization of commodities by end users in close coordination with district (LHWP, MNCH) Programs and NGOs providing services in uncovered areas, where applicable
- Prepare monitoring reports for sharing with Provincial Coordinator on regular basis identifying clearly bottlenecks and challenges highlighted during monitoring visits with proposed solutions
- Participate in the monthly district level meetings to discuss program progress with the district health managers.
- Coordinate with district health authorities including health facility in-charges and supervisors of Lady Health Workers (LHW) program for discussion on the Right start interventions during the monthly meetings. Ensure that the frontline workers are encouraged to discuss on issues confronted.
- Travel in the Union councils of the project district to participate in important government planning meetings.
- Support the government in functionalizing the monitoring system by ensuring use of reporting formats at all levels to record:
- On job training of the district health staff on the monitoring tools.
- Any other task assigned by the Provincial Coordinator.