Shifa Foundation seeks a visionary Executive Director to provide leadership and direction in the development of Shifa Foundation. The objective is to promote foundation’s mission through effective development and management techniques. Moreover, the Executive Director will be responsible to promote the foundation’s cause through managing joint collaborations and ventures with internal and external partners involving and targeting different segments, i.e. overseas Pakistanis particularly, in USA, Europe, Middle East and South-East Asia; local affluent people; Government; Semi-Government; Private Sector and NGOs.
- Will be overall responsible for the management of Shifa Foundation – including administrative, financial, legal, logistic and other systems of Shifa Foundation on a day to day basis.
- Will garner team support to develop and submit annual budget and operational plan to Board of Governors and after approval, will manage and implement the budget and operational plan
- Will build and lead an effective and cohesive executive management team to implement the strategy and goals as agreed by Board of Governors of Shifa Foundation
- Will ensure that appropriate and satisfactory systems are in place for monitoring employees’ performance against plans and budgets and will put in place an effective system of controls in general administrative matters including non-financial as well as financial controls
- Will establish strict guidelines to check, monitor and surveillance against misuse, fraud, stealing, theft, misappropriation, corruption, abuse, irrational happenings with reference to ALL kinds of foundation resources both monetary and otherwise
- Will ensure that operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by management and employees of Shifa Foundation.
- Will provide assessment on broader macro-economic development with reference to social sector in general and health and health Education sectors in particular
- Will review and give learned critique of the development policies with reference to the overall growth, employment and poverty profiles in the country and devise advocacy strategies to influence the policies towards uplift of social structures in the country
- Will suggest measures for addressing the crucial issues in social sector such as health and education and explore opportunities and suggest strategies for promoting the public-private partnership and implementing them
- Will represent the organization at development forums, national or international, related to the foundation’s activities and development
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is an experienced leader who gets along well with other people and is a team player, willing to pitch in at any level;
- Has a demonstrated passion for improvement of social sector, particularly healthcare and health education, in Pakistan;
- Communicates well and is comfortable speaking in public;
- Can demonstrate substantial successes in fundraising and garnering corporate support; is comfortable in soliciting donations from a wide range of funding sources;
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of leveraging social media and other tools to communicate, manage, and drive engagement, and support;
- Has at least 10 years of experience in nonprofit sector; with at least 3 years at senior positions; understands and respects the function of a Board of Governors;
- Has at least a master degree in relevant social fields, preferably public health
Shifa Foundation (SF) is the social arm of Shifa Family, comprising of Shifa International Hospital, Shifa Tameer e Millat University and Tameer e Millat Foundation. SF is a not-for-profit organization, working in healthcare, healthcare education and emergency needs of the people. The idea behind SF was to improve the health standards of the nation. The goal of a prosperous Pakistan, SF believes, can only be achieved by a healthy and educated nation. SF also believes in indiscriminate availability of healthcare opportunities to every Pakistani in time of need. SF’s vision is to create a “Healthy Pakistan”.