We are looking for a skilled Mechanical Tech who has experience with industrial and construction equipment maintenance. You will be working on Positive Displacement equipment such as Reciprocating Compressors, Screw Compressors, Centrigual Pumps and Stationary Equipment such as Condensers and other Heat Exchangers. Previous experience working with Ammonia based systems is strongly prefered. Job duties include:
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment for repair
- Perform plant shut down and start up
- Supervise plant operators
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate, and align unit to centerline.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Shrink-fit bushings, sleeves, rings, liners, gears, and wheels to specified items, using portable gas heating equipment.
- Operate engine lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
3 years minimum
DAE Mechanical. BTech Mechanical strongly prefered.