We are looking for a Purchasing Agent to harmonize our procurement processes. Job functions include:
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise/services at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Develop vendor/contractor relations and credit terms
- Prepare purchase/work orders, RFQ’s, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Follow up with Vendors/contractors for delayed deliveries
- Monitor outstanding purchase/work contracts
- Develop product/work specifications
- Purchase goods from local or out of city markets
- Forward bills to accounts for payments
- Keep information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Must be able to drive bike and cars
- Job involves extensive traveling
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
Job requires frequent traveling inside and outside the city.