Under the supervision of the Civil Engineer/Project Manager, the Sub Engineer is responsible for the supervision of the implementation of all technical interventions undertaken either through sub-contracting or through CFW, matching with ACTED’s quality criteria and strategy.
He / She is fully responsible of his / her activity in terms of quality, respect of the targets, bill of qualities and deadline.
Key responsibilities :
- Implementation of the project:
- Prime responsibility is to Manage and implement technical activities of Shelter, Hand pumps and Latrines after planning and ensuring quality of the material and interventions as per project objectives and timeframe;
- Ensure site selection, installation, rehabilitation and construction of Hand Pumps/Latrines/shelters as per Sphere Standards, ACTED SOPs through COs and WMCs as per need assessment and Water Safety Plan;
- Prepare and submit Feasibilities reports for instance (Technical, Environmental, social and economical); before initiating any construction work;
- Ensure all construction work as per DRR- Guidelines and ACTED SOPs;
- Ensure quality trainings of beneficiaries, WMCs and involving them throughout the implementation process to ensure quality and sustainability.
- Supervise and provide guidance and technical support to other field teams;
- Proper usage of lime and ensuring safety measures while construction of shelters as per project objectives;
- Ensure timely completion of CfW schemes after identification on need basis and as per project objectives through community and other stakeholders.
- Providing technical guidance, training and support to individuals targeted by each project in line with the programme strategy and intended output[s];
- Ensure on time completion of the tasks in line with BoQs and designs;
- Report to the Project Manager/Civil Engineer on a daily basis about progress and challenges faced;
- Liaising with programme staff of other ACTED teams to ensure that information is shared and that lessons learned are developed; and
- Contribute in developing IEC Material, Model village planning for better social cohesion and inclusion of Persons With Disabilities (PWDs), supporting other interventions of CLTs and FSL.
- Maintain Workers attendance sheets and other documents as per Project /ACTED Guidelines;
- Maintain documentation related to construction material and tools for proper usage and submit work completion certificates as per project needs and criteria; and
- Verification and signing logistics documentation where and as required.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries:
The staff member is responsible to ensure respect and dignity of the beneficiaries as well as local social norms & values according to ACTED polices.
Due attention must be paid that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria and methodologies to ensure transparency and accessibility of EVI.
Note: Minorities, disables and women are encouraged to apply.