1. Give the necessary supervision, care and advice to women during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period.
2.Provide full antenatal care, including screening test in the hospital,
3. Provide counseling and advice before and after screening and tests.
4. Conduct deliveries on her own and care for the newborn infant.
5. Manage complications in pregnancy and childbirth, in accordance with the principles of basic emergency obstetric care.
6. Identify high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists.
7. Provide support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death.