Join Skylite Networks as a Software Development Manager. We have been serving our customers for over 10 years. We continue to develop and implement exciting and complex solutions to support the evolving needs of our customers. We are looking for a motivated, highly organized lead developer to manage a team of 5-6 junior-senior developers. As a development lead, you will be responsible for providing technical guidance and using the most up-to-date technologies to provide the best user experience and improved maintainability. You will be expected to collaborate closely with all members of the scrum team to ensure team is implementing accurate and high-quality solutions. As the development manager, you will be expected to ensure direct reports stay on track, helping to remove any impediments they run in to in addition to communicating expectations, goal setting and delivering performance evaluations. Additionally, you will work closely with the customer relationship manager at the Pentagon at times throughout the year, managing all technical aspects of the customers environment. This includes migration of releases to the customers production environments, coordinating with the IT Operations Group on network and server issues and upgrades, and coordinating with the Scrum team to ensure all production issues/requests are resolved according to customer deadlines. This role requires strong technical, management, and leadership skills and the ability to manage time effectively to properly prioritize and multi-task. You must be able to work collaboratively with the customers and with our project team in an Agile environment, following agile processes and remain flexible to changes in a fast-paced environment. This position is a great opportunity for anyone interested in becoming a Software Development Project Manager or other customer-facing or management type of role! Your contributions will directly impact the success of the customers' mission, our team, and ultimately SKYLITE!
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead, direct and grow the software development team in the design of optimized, scalable, and reusable solutions
· Make design and architectural decisions which define solutions to realize our products' visions
· Mentor team members in best practices around architecture practices and patterns
· Research and recommend technologies that improve current systems and provide vision for future technology architecture and infrastructure
· Work with Client Lead, Project Lead and Business Systems Analyst Team to ensure functional designs are technically feasible and include all information needed by developers to perform the work
· Prepare technical designs/prototypes when needed
· Hold the team accountable for code quality, and on-time delivery of committed work.
· Establish and refine process for a rapid growing team.
· Shape the development culture to encourage innovation and high-level execution.
· Manage direct reports including communication of expectations, goal setting, and deliver/write performance evaluations.
· Work as a scrum master within an Agile Scrum Environment
· Collaborate with the application Architect to identify impacts of the architecture changes on the rest of the application and solutions to those impacts
· Communicate status of work items to the Project Lead, identify impacts on the release plan, and suggest resolutions for any issues/impacts
· Identify and communicate project risks and mitigation strategies to the Project Lead weekly, at a minimum
· Participate in on-site requirements gathering meetings that require technical expertise
· Provide on-site support during critical application usage periods as needed.
· Perform application releases in the customer Test and Production environments
· Collaborate with IT Operation group on all network and server related issues to reach a final resolution
· Establish trusted relationships with customer management and users by assisting with user support and ensuring the resolution of all technical issues according to customer deadlines
· Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) and at least five years of experience in Software Development.
· Team player who takes initiative and places a primary focus on the success of the team and customers.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
· Experience mentoring and guiding less experienced software developers.
· Experience interacting with customers/users.
· Must have experience working in mission critical, fast-paced environments.
· Experienced in problem solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process.
· Experience with Agile development methodologies.
· Expert-level experience with .NET 4.0 (or higher) Framework and MVC and expert-level competency in C# or VB.NET.
· Expert-level experience with web technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, Bootstrap, RESTful web services, XML, Json, Angular and ORMs.
· Expert-level experience with Windows Server, IIS configuration/administration, and SQL Server (DB Design, Query Optimization, Indexing).