The ideal candidate will have the following experience and characteristics:
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Contribute conscientious and deliberate design, in both web and presentation projects, within the framework of our team and company’s brand standards.
· Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
· Effectively communicate design considerations with peers
· Ensure corporate brand standards are met through the use of colors, logos, layout templates where relevant
· Work both independently and collaboratively with front-end web developers and designers on multiple projects.
· Create smart, clean and modern designs to be used across multiple channels.
· Produce quality layouts and design elements under tight timelines.
· Degree in Graphic or Digital Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts & Communication preferred
· Proven work experience in the design field
· Strong visual aesthetic and design skills, with a high respect for layout and typography Characteristics
· Highly creative, ideas person with a desire for invention, artistic flare & attention to detail
· Passionate self-starter with a strong eye for well-executed, clean design.
· Ability to easily shift between multiple projects as priorities dictates.
· Collaborate with creative team to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
· Execute all visual design stages from sketches to the concept, to final hand-off.
· Help establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards for the team.
· Proficient with Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver) on a PC platform
· General competency using Microsoft PowerPoint
· Ability and desire to quickly learn new skills, technologies and applications
· Ability to handle constructive criticism professionally
· Knowledge of social media sites such as blogs, Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn a plus
· Knowledge of web site design, HTML, SEO and Google Analytics a plus
· Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
· Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
· Up-to-date with the latest graphics and web design trends, techniques and technologies