• Mentoring and knowledge transfer to other engineers within the team.
• Working within the software support team to analyse customer incidents, providing updates, fixes, and resolutions on these.
• Understanding incoming incidents, replicating these on UAT / QA environments in order to allow for fix verifications.
• Filter and resolve escalated issues within support, acting as a main point of contact other engineers to resolve issues beyond their skill set and knowledge.
• Drives Root Cause Analysis effort for critical incidents requiring actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Expected to complete work-related training and learning with the goal of obtaining relevant Microsoft Certifications.
• Liaise with Team Lead to report on support issues. And as a team member you will also have:
• Experience in multiple IT disciplines including T-SQL, .NET, DB Admin, job management.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills with strong analytical skills.
• Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to support and communicate with users on all levels.
• Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• A strong desire and ability to learn new platforms and technologies
• Willingness to 'Get your hands dirty' • Extensive commercial/industry experience working in software development environments.
• Bachelor's Degree in any discipline. Computer Science (desirable)
• Relevant technical accreditations highly desirable
• C# .NET MVC (essential)
• CSS / Bootstrap
• Strong knowledge of OOP
• MS SQL (T-SQL)
• Source Control (e.g. GIT, TFS)
• JIRA / TFS / Task Management Tools / BitBucket
• Design Pattern
• DevOps Skills (Continuous Development / Continuous Integration)
• Azure / Cloud concepts Knowledge Advantageous:
• .NET WebForms
• DBA Skills
• Typescript / Angular
• .NET Core
• Mobile Development (i.e. Xamarin, UWP)
• Office 365 / SharePoint 365 / Dynamics 365 integrations development
• Any MS certifications
• MS Power Platforms
Smart Placement established Search Recruitment firm, dealing with Technology, Engineering, call center, Health Care, Construction and many others.