- Purchase the highest quality construction/non-construction materials and services at the lowest possible price with correct amounts/quantities and preferred terms and conditions.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, payment terms, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers' plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices.
- Arrange the payment of duty and freight charges.
- Write and review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
- Formulate policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions and seminars to network with people in other purchasing departments.
Personal Attributes: Highly honest and reliable, hard and smart working, swift negotiator, engaging and team player.
Qualification: BE Civil/MBA/MS Supply Chain Management with relevant construction procurement experience of 3 to 5 years.
Remuneration: Market based salary will be paid as per skills and experience.