Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors / MBA in Human Resources
Minimum Experience: Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the Learning and Development environment with a proven track record and depth of expertise across the L & D value chain.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of training and development principles and practices.
- Organized and able to multi-task in a customer focused environment
- Skilled at developing and delivering training programs.
- Excellent MS Word & Excel Skills.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and plan workload to meet objectives.
- Ability to manage small projects and activities simultaneously
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve agreed results and outcomes.
- Strong teamwork skills and a collaborative approach to learning, both face-to-face and remotely
- Demonstrated experience in developing and evaluating training programs.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and creative designing & Content.
- Groomed personality
- Excellent Persuasive Skills
- Excellent Selling Skills
The key purpose of Learning and Development (L&D) is to understand the organization strategy, its current and future capability needs and learning priorities. Assess the organization readiness and build its competency, capability, and performance by creating a learning environment where employees can continuously learn, develop and grow.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Development and implementation of L&D plan
- Understand the Business, HR and L&D strategy and objectives and develop a training calendar accordingly
- Ensure alignment of L&D calendar in line with operational and business requirements
- Identify new learning opportunities to enhance current curricular
- Assess and identify the business’s learning and development requirements
- Identify and manage programs that are aligned to the business strategy
- Develop an annual global training plan
Effective L&D administration and reporting
- Oversee the learning management system (LMS) and ensure appropriate functionality
- Make available a relevant business reporting system to ensure:
- System availability to book learners onto courses (both workshop and e-learning)
- Efficient scheduling of courses
- Status tracking of utilization
- Availability and integrity of data
- Ease of reporting to customer base
Effective management of the L&D budget
- Prepare a budget that supports the learning requirements of L&D Operations
- Continually track all expenses against agreed budget
- Evaluate above and advise on deviations to motivate appropriate forecasting for the group
- Ensure accuracy of billing to business units
Effective delivery and quality assurance of all training related interventions
- Identify, source, and implement training related best practices
- Continuously update and enhance existing programs, considering new delivery methods and solutions
- Create sound maintenance plans to keep programs current with changing business needs, e-learning technology, and business strategy
- Manage, lead, motivate and develop L&D facilitators
- Ensure environment is conducive to learning
- Ensure course material is always relevant and up to date
- Ensure relevant tools and appropriate training methodologies are utilized
- Implementation and evaluation of assessment pre and post training interventions
- Advise, review and measure current L&D effectiveness and efficiencies as well as provide benchmarking activities which identify trends and best practice
- Develop and implement consistent methods and metrics to measure the effectiveness of training (ROI)
Sound partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Actively build, maintain, and grow strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Manage client and customer expectations and the effective flow of information
- Manage external vendor relationships; execute contracts and invoices as appropriate
- Educate the business about various L&D programs and drive utilization
Effective people and self-management
- Develop and manage L&D teams
- Through effective inspirational and practical leadership, facilitate the creation of accountable, full service teams who understand and strive to meet the needs of all client, customer and group objectives
- Create and encourage a culture focusing on delivery of objectives
- Continually inspire, motivate, and develop people to understand what is expected of them (co-create a team / organizational culture of high accountability)
- Take full responsibility for performance of all direct reports, motivating and managing them in relation to quality standards and agreed benchmarks and objectives, focusing on all aspects of sound people management