Strategic Thinking: Able to influence the strategic direction of the company by identifying opportunities in large, rich data sets and creating and implementing data driven strategies that fuel growth including revenue and profits.
Modeling: Design and implement statistical / predictive models and cutting-edge algorithms utilizing diverse sources of data to predict demand, risk and price elasticity. Experience with creating ETL processes to source and link data.
Analytics: Utilize analytical applications like SAS to identify trends and relationships between different pieces of data, draw appropriate conclusions and translate analytical findings into risk management and marketing strategies that drive value.
Drive Enhancements: Develop tools and reports that help users access and analyze data resulting in higher revenues and margins and a better customer experience.
Communications and Project Management: Capable of turning dry analysis into an exciting story that influences the direction of the business and communicating with diverse teams to take a project from start to finish. Collaborate with product teams to develop and support our internal data platform and to support ongoing analyses.
Skills and Tools
- NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Hadoop, MySQL, Big Table, MapReduce, SAS
- Large-scale, distributed systems design and development
- Scaling, performance and scheduling and ETL techniques
- C, C++, Java, Ruby on Rails Work closely with various teams across the company to identify and solve business challenges utilizing large structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data in a distributed processing environment.
- Analyze large datasets to provide strategic direction to the company.
- Perform quantitative analysis of product sales trends to recommend pricing decisions.
- Conduct cost and benefit analysis on new ideas.
- Scrutinize and track customer behavior to identify trends and unmet needs.
- Develop statistical models to forecast inventory and procurement cycles.
- Assist in developing internal tools for data analysis