Minimum Qualifications: Relevant tertiary qualification (with a focus on business and financial modules)
Minimum Experience: At least 3 years of relevant experience in:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to details, willingness to develop & learn new skills.
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively & professionally
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone
- Systems, typewriters, calculators, copiers, and facsimile machines.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Positive & pro-active attitude towards work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to speak good English. Local dialects are a bonus.
- Discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism always.
To manage the operational activities and routine HR tasks and ensure day to day administrative support in the implementation of HR policies, procedures and ensure smooth office operations.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Effective Workforce Planning and Employment (recruitment and selection)
- Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Screening resumes
- Performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates
- Administering appropriate company assessments
- Performing reference and background checks
- Making recommendations to company hiring managers
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
- Following up on the interview process status
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, universities, and industry associations
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- Conducting exit interviews on terminated and resigned employees.
Effective administration and reporting
- Ensure accurate payroll documentation (scheduled and/or ad hoc) is sent through to Payroll within agreed deadlines and follow-up on queries and outstanding issues
- Ensure employees above the medical aid threshold are on the Smollan medical aid
- Ensure all benefits claims are processed and follow-up to ensure resolution
- Ensure accurate data management and reporting
- Ensure distribution of payslips to relevant managers
- Follow-up on general administration issues
- Ensure proper filing, document management and good house-keeping
- Perform regular HR audits as required
Effective Record Maintenance
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
- Performing payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews
- Monthly Reward & Recognition for all employees
- Quarterly Employee Engagement initiatives
- Quarterly Townhalls
- Organizing and facilitating Soft skill trainings
- 100 % Resolution of Employee Queries
- Development of Recruitment strategy for contractual employees
- Revision and refreshers of company wide policies
- Initiatives – quarter based