The incumbent would be responsible for community mobilization in the selected union councils of ICT. He/she will be responsible to conduct meeting with community stakeholders, local NGOs, DPOs, parents and refer children for TVCs immunization.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Establish initial contact with community for introduction of the project.
- Collect necessary baseline information about the target community and area.
- Conduct community mapping and social surveys as and when required or asked by the management.
- Identify and prepare list of leaders, NGOs and DPOs, influencers (counsellors, Nazim, Numberdars or any other political party representative), community activists, etc.
- Identify and reach out to communities, care givers and children in mobile population, urban slums, diverse ethnic and religious groups, and out of school children up to 15 years of age, to raise awareness and refer to the TVC vaccination centers.
- Motivate and encourage potential community leaders to advocate and promote the project in their community and ensure maximum coverage and vaccinations.
- Liaise and closely coordinate with donor's EPI cells, Government’s vaccination teams and other stakeholders in each Union Council.
- Engage with community networks and plan/implement social mobilisation and community engagement activities – in schools, public/private spaces, malls/markets, mosques, clinics/hospitals, etc. – to raise awareness and create demand for the Typhoid vaccination before and during the campaign.
- Support strategic project team in brainstorming on awareness raising and outreach strategies.
- Develop and maintain the necessary documentation and record of all project activities.
- To deal with the community as a front-line contact and provide full support to the all the relevant teams in smooth execution of project.
- Ensure all the project targets are met and develop contingency plans for any shortfalls.
- Maintain and up-date all record at office level.
- Identify case studies from the community for documentation.
Required Qualification and Experience
- The candidate should be a graduate.
- Prior 02 years of experience in social/community mobilization.
- Goal-oriented and strategic thinking abilities
- Good verbal and written communication
- Candidate should be goal driven & persuasiveness
- Command on MS office