Main Purpose of Job
As part of the program unit and under the direct supervision of the field coordinator the incumbent of the post will have the following responsibilities:
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensuring that communities are fully appraised and aware at the community level for the project, activities and mobilizing their support for the implementation of the project.
- Mobilize & sensitize local communities and interest groups towards programme activities
- Identification and selection of the target villages in each UC as per set criteria
- Assessment of project beneficiaries as per the approved beneficiary selection criteria.
- Formation/revitalization of the local CBOs/ Farmer Committee for regular coordination, networking and strengthening of local communities for sustainability of interventions
- Keep liaison with government line agencies and other UC level stakeholders.
- To carry out rapid need assessments and surveys in target areas.
- To act as facilitator for any community and line departments staff trainings.
- Participate in establishing effective monitoring, information and reporting systems, and in the development of communication materials and strategies to promote community participation
- Preparing weekly, monthly and occasional reports under the supervision of field coordinator.
- Attend and participate in the review and planning meetings in office weekly/fortnightly/monthly bases.
- Ensure proper documentation, record keeping and reporting of ongoing activities in the project areas.
- Regularly monitor progress and report to supervisor on weekly /Monthly basis
- Prepare the write-ups & case studies on quarterly bases to share the information of the project activities and beneficiaries.