The Java EE Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of a variety of software solutions in addition to modifying and maintaining existing software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure adherence to engineering processes such as code reviews, source control, unit testing, use case analysis, defect management.
- Strong proficiency in the Java platform, hands on with the Java EE stack or similar alternatives provided by industry standard frameworks.
- Familiarity with web concepts, concurrent programming in web/desktop/mobile applications with expertise in at least anyone of these.
- Developing existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals.
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Engineer software through its complete life-cycle
- Hands-on experience on Agile Software practices
Technical Profile Requirements
- Good hands-on experience in related Java Technologies (J2EE, spring, Hibernate, Servlet, struts, Web Services; REST and SOAP)
- Spring boot, Spring Rest API, Groovy & Grails,
- Familiar working with embedded systems.
- Database Skills (MySql, SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle)
- Sound knowledge of Query optimization, views, Data management.
- Knowledge of project management/build tools is mandatory (Maven, Gradle, Ant etc.)
- Experience in continuous integration technologies is a plus (CircleCI, Jenkins etc)
- Exposure to JUnit, Subversion, GIT
- Sound knowledge of Amazon Web Services preferably S3, Lambda, EC2 etc.