Duties and Responsibilities
1. Operates video cameras, on location or in the studio, in the production of professional pre-recorded programming.
2. Designs, transports, sets up, and operates production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment, for field and studio productions.
3. Computer edits video segments on a variety of tape and digital formats.
4. Completes trouble and preventive maintenance reports on video and audio production equipment; assists in repair and upkeep of studio and production sets and properties.
5. Maintains equipment inventory and field and studio production schedules.
6. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
2. Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that is above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
3. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
4. Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs to audio and video equipment.
5. Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
6. Records maintenance skills.
7. Ability to configure, operate and maintain studio and/or field audio, lighting and associated production equipment.
8. Knowledge of computerized tape editing applications and procedures.
9. Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.