· Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed. Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
· Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
· Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
· Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
· Survey bodies of water in order to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.