Sozie is a London, UK headquartered Company that is rapidly growing with market defining clients in Europe and the US, including Adidas and Target. Our leadership and sales teams are based in London, UK and Toronto, Canada. Our tech and ops team are based in Lahore, Pakistan.
The Opportunity for You
As our Lead Android Developer, you will be a part of our highly-skilled team of developers in Lahore. We are an agile team and work in a collaborative environment where continuous learning opportunities and challenging work is a constant. You will employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as continuous integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
In this role, you will be leading the design, implementation, and roll-out of our Android app alongside our entire mobile development team. You will be translating complex ideas, needs, and goals into simple, beautiful user-friendly solutions.
What You Will Do
- Build our Android app (our iOS app is already released with an active user base)
- Collaborate with our design team to define, design, and apply new features
- Have direct communication daily with our international leadership and have the opportunity to particpate in giving your feedback for product backlog
- Learn new data and communications platforms and their APIs (ex. Intercom, Segment)
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Grow at a rapid rate with our Company
- Experience developing Android apps. Point us to your work in the Play store and show us what makes you proud!
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their lifecycles
- Experience writing highly performant Java and Kotlin code
- Experience with RxJava and a strong understanding of reactive programming concepts
- Strong understanding of Android UI design principles and best practices (Fragments, ConstraintLayout, Intents, etc.)
- Experience consuming data from APIs and integrating with backend services
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take our team to the next level
- Knowledge in Git workflows and agile development
- Advance knowledge of implementing caching techniques with the Android OS
- Experience with JIRA, Google Play, and analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Segment) and communication platforms (Intercom, Hubspot)
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills in English
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions (in Urdu or English)
- We value people who communicate directly, simply and clearly
We are interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. It is advantaegous to apply early.