The Role: As a Data Researcher I, FIG - Bank Branch Data Management you will be responsible for reviewing documents from regulatory authorities, extracting information about branches of banks, number of branches, deposits of new branches and standardizing the extracted information.
The Location: This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: We are a truly global firm! With presence in United States, Pakistan and India, you, along with your counterparts will be providing high quality, accurate, and timely content to our customers which is essential for their decision-making.
What’s in it for you: Our Company prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and results faced meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability for all. At the same time, we seek to identify and reward exceptional performance with growth opportunities. Based on planned growth & initiatives, you have an opportunity to emerge to more specialized roles and act as a resource for the team.
- You will be collecting comprehensive information on the data tracked by the respective department
- You will also be monitoring and handling News Feedback ensures all client feedback is responded to appropriately
- Entering and resolving all external error cases as well as auditing news errors
- You will also be helping copy desk manager update and clarify procedures. Analyzing each error for procedural oversight
- Filling in as needed, or when available, on the Abstraction team, which handles news abstracts and relating of metadata to news articles
- Writing abstracts for regulatory filings like 8-Ks, registration statements, non-timely filing notices etc.
- Linking data to news articles, such as capital offerings, deals, power plants and networks
- Reviewing feedback on abstracts and tasks to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy
- Keeping up-to-date in knowledge of content sets. Build industry knowledge
- Responding to queries and requests from various client departments to collect data in timely manner
- Updating, maintaining and running reports to generate useful audits for own department
- Providing input and ideas for new collection methods and product improvements related to the covered content sets
- Reviewing feedback involving their content to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy
- Keeping up-to-date on industry trends and reporting standards
- Troubleshooting problems or issues and provide meaningful feedback to co-workers
- Building and managing relationships with contacts from other departments to actively track information on the covered content sets.
Working Shift: This is a rotational shift job. You should be flexible working in all three shifts (morning, evening & night).
What We’re Looking For:
- In order to succeed, the individual should have:
- Good team playing abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive work attitude
- Critical thinking skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Excellent financial knowledge
- Financial reporting standards
- Industrial knowledge.
Education: BBA (hons) MBA B.COM, M.COM
Experience: 0 to 2 years
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.