Data Researcher will be responsible for capturing electronic information from primary sources (vendor feeds) as soon as it is available. Analyzes, manipulates, and loads data to back end structures through use of processing tools. Researches and corrects data errors. Communicates with stakeholders on status of projects and daily operations.
Pricing Data is responsible for processing data of stock/commodity prices, dividends, credit ratings, stock splits, credit default swaps, foreign exchange rates etc. We own deeply time sensitive and mostly automated content sets. Data is received in form of feeds from third party vendors and bulk data is processed for sanity check by Pricing Data researchers.
Data Researcher is mainly responsible collection/processing of automated feeds for timely availability of data. Significantly chips in to keep the automated content running through various automated processes throughout the day.
What’s in it for you?
- Market Data is a group with most dynamic/automated and versatile data sets in coverage. Rapidly growing rapidly at Islamabad.
- Partnership with more than 10 vendors, offering external email communications; along with the opportunity to work with the most dynamic department of the company (covering more than 10 various types of data)
- Collect essential intelligence and data tracked by the Pricing Data department
- At a time, you will be monitoring and handling incoming automated processes/feeds ensuring all timely availability of content on product
- Ensuring client questions are responded appropriately, entering and resolving all external error cases
- Reviewing feedback on assignments to minimize errors and help establish refined procedures and processes to improve accuracy falls under the job description
- Keeping up-to-date in the knowledge of content sets and building industry knowledge is vital for career growth
- Responding to queries and requests from various client departments to collect data in a timely manner, updating maintaining and running reports to generate useful audits for your department and providing input and ideas for new collection methods and product improvements related to the covered data all fall under your responsibilities.
- Troubleshooting problems or issues and providing substantial feedback to co-workers
- Maintaining relationships with contacts from other departments to actively track information on the covered content sets
What We’re Looking For:
- Understanding of financial concepts for key domains such as capital markets and structures, debts, financial ratios, dividends, spin-offs, derivatives, financial documents/statements and financial reporting standards (IFRS & GAAP) etc.
- Good interpersonal skills required to prioritize work and meet established deadlines. Ability to write procedures and documentation
- Tight-knit collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organizations as well as multiple data vendors in other countries
- Being an aspirant you should be highly motivated, bold, quick and very detail oriented
- Self-directed to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong problem analysis and decision-making ability
Minimum Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting. MBA/BBA, or any relevant degree with orientation to relational databases or SQL skills
- 0-2 years of working experience
- Quick learner and ability to work under-pressure
This is a rotational shift job, applicant must be flexible working in morning, evening and night
About Company (Global) & EEO Statements:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand high-reaching and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.