About S&P Global Market Intelligence product
S&P Global Market Intelligence encompasses a powerful suite of cross-asset analytics, integrated desktop services, securities valuations, and investment research and recommendations across a wide spectrum of the world’s major markets. Its unique intellectual property delivers a breadth and depth of solutions that support clients in their work to generate alpha, identify new trading and investment ideas, and perform risk analysis and mitigation strategies.
The Team: You will be joining a highly talented core team of Site Reliability Engineers at S&P Global Market Intelligence Data Delivery Team.
We are a tight-knit team responsible for ensuring that our many production systems deliver quality products in accordance with contractual timelines.
- As a Senior Engineer you will support, administer, manage, scale and tune the integrated platform inclusive of three or more Web & Application or Feed Systems that enables S&P Capital IQ customers to access real time and after market data through the highly transactional and dynamic web based CIQ Platform, Api or feed delivery Market Data Products.
- You will manage the end to end execution of application and infrastructure projects leading to business transformation, capacity scaling & application performance improvements; ensure appropriate resource requirements are met at each level to achieve project goals.
- Fully or co-own the end to end delivery of medium to large size projects where you will contribute directly as an individual and mentor / take help of others in the team.
- Solve highly complex, ad-hoc application critical problems and determine the best solution within SLAs or around cost/benefit analysis.
- Follow processes and operational policies across incident, change, project for process improvement.
- Work closely with key stakeholders representing Web Operations for Projects as an operations coordinator.
- Improve efficiency and quality of delivery by automating complex routine tasks.
- Evaluate and Champion best of breed product support tools including run books, monitoring, and knowledge bases to aid in the product support process.
- Utilize standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work within the team and with external sub team and teams for project delivery and escalated operational support.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 8+ years of hands-on system administration and application support and performance tuning experience
- Experience with a IIS 7.x + .NET OR Apache/Tomcat + J2EE technology is mandatory and having both is a PLUS.
- Experience with leading small to medium size projects is a plus.
- Experience in a start-up or Agile or Dev Ops environment is a plus.
- Experience in Financial / Market data / feed systems is a plus
- AWS SysOps/Architect, DevOps, RHCE, MCSA, MCSE, certification a plus
- In-depth architecture and solution knowledge of MS Windows Server Technologies / Redhat / Cent OS Server hands on experience.
- Extensive experience with IIS 7.x + .NET architecture, administration, application monitoring, performance tuning, scalability, stability management.
- 6+ years of hands on support of Web Hosting, Transaction or Business Intelligence Systems with end to end understanding of internet protocols and data flow management.
- Experience with one or more RDBMS Knowledge SQL Server is a plus.
- Ability to diagnose critical issues relating to IIS 7.x + .NET or Apache/Tomcat + J2EE installation, build and configuration on Windows or Linux based system that hosts business critical applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot End to End application functionality, IO, performance related problems involving IIS 7.x + .NET, WCF, CLR, ADO.NET and/or Apache/Tomcat + J2EE/ JVM, network and Storage.
- Should have authored or edited 40+ automation scripts on PowerShell or any other scripting or program language to automate operational tasks such as application Package / feature deployment, log parsing, event correlation extraction,
- Experience in load-balancing and high-availability planning and configurational and administration with BigIP, Windows Clustering, NLB. Clear understanding of networking technologies (Routers, load balancers, firewalls, switches, etc). Knowledge on Internet/File/Data protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, CIFS, etc.
- Hands on supporting multi-tiered web application architecture
- Experience in performance tuning of IIS 7.x / 8.0 web server environments
- Demonstrated experience in support, tuning, and hardening of the Windows OS
- Demonstrated ability to script via PowerShell, VBScript, ASP.NET. .NET development experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies
- Working experience with RDP, Putty tools
- Working Knowledge of monitoring tools such as DataDog, Nagios XI, Extrahop, CatchPoint, AlertSite, APM tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc or similar tools
- Experience in monitoring & health-check of web and application server environments
- Troubleshooting skills in web and application server / n-tier environment
- 5 years of Unix/Linux administration and experience with Windows 2008R2 / 2012
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything: (Shell/Python/Powershell). Proficiency with the AWS CLI
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, SQS, etc…
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Knowledge of clusters/Load Balancers
- A solid Ops foundation - you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails ” when you build things
- Experience working in an iterative based infrastructure as code deployment environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like Jenkins or the like
- Should ensure that AWS and IT deployments comply with organization ISMS policies.
- Should have the knowledge of the AWS best practices for security.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking, advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to work a rotating 7X24 on-call schedule.
- Ability to coordinate, communicate, and work effectively with offshore team based overseas, e.g. US.
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change.
- Ability to multi-task with regular interruptions.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)