This is a creative team of experts collaborating across divisions and driving continuous improvements in platform innovation and usability. With ownership of messaging and API management platforms, this team is working on platform stability, enhancements, and upgrades.
The Senior Lead is a critical role with the Islamabad team responsible for driving the platform support activities to meet client requirements and ensure that user stories are completed on time and within the SLA. The role will have opportunity to lead the team at the Islamabad location, provide IT strategy on operations and perform POCs as related to Platform technologies especially on API gateway(APIGEE, Kong and Axway) and Messaging technologies such Kafka. The role will also work on on-call support, troubleshooting issues reported by client teams and provide resolutions.
• Lead the team at the Islamabad location, assist the team in achieving the MI's goals, provide technical guidance to team members, work on user stories to close the backlog, and work to establish the health and availability of the services offered by the team.
• Work together with various domestic and overseas teams across the organization to ensure that the Messaging and API Management Platform is reliable, operational, performant, and meets business requirements as well as committed SLA.
• Setup configure and monitor API & Messaging platform and conduct routine maintenance work for smooth operation with guaranteed uptime.
• Onboard applications to the platform as and when needed with high priority.
• Assist various DEV and QA teams during their development and testing following the guidelines provided.
• Work closely with supervisor/manager in day-to-day operation activities.
• Conduct and/or assist in conducting regular capacity analysis and POCs.
• Develop and maintain the platform automation tools, dashboard and utilities (Java and .NET C#).
• Provide support for Production, DR and lower environments making sure platform is stable and highly available.
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum 9+ years of relevant work experience managing platform and/or infrastructure.
• Have good understanding of single, hybrid and multi cloud architecture with preferably hands-on experience on AWS.
• Experience in messaging tools specially Kafka and API Gateways like APIGEE, Kong or Axway.
• Experience in open source or Confluent Kafka, zookeepers, Kafka connect and schema registry.
• Hands on experience in standing up and administrating Kafka platform from scratch which includes creating a backup & mirroring of Kafka Cluster brokers, broker sizing, topic sizing, h/w sizing, performance monitoring, broker security, topic security, and access management (ACL).
• Manage Kafka platform and implement tools to improve existing monitoring, automation practices.
• Basic knowledge in Envoy proxy and Envoy Filter for Kafka.
• Good working experience in managing and administrating API Gateways such as APIGEE, Kong API Gateway, Axway and Service Mesh, Kafka, Developer Portal.
• Expertise on Authentication & Authorization techniques such as OAUTH, JWT, and mTLS
• API Mindset and Driving API based Strategies and implement API Standards.
• API Developer Portal experience such as building External & Internal facing API Developer portal.
• Experience in High availability cluster setup, maintenance and ongoing 24/7 support.
• Strong experience on application deployment and monitoring. Experience with Datadog, Prometheus or similar tools is preferable.
• Expertise in Linux operations, scripting and automation tools like ansible.
• Good to have exposure on Devops tools and technologies i.e. docker and Kubernetes.
• Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
• Understands well PaaS concepts and SOA including Service abstraction, System Integration, Reusable Designs, etc.
• Have hands-on experience of integrating apps and data across various environments.
• Should be able to write good documentation, prepare the architecture diagram and present to Senior Management.
• Have experience in Scrum & Agile processes.
• Have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
• Have ability to present solution of complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
• Have passion to learn new technologies and grow with team.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.