The Role: As a Senior Software Developer with the Product Development team, you will be responsible for providing backend support to our enterprise feed platforms. Together, you will build scalable and robust solutions using AGILE development methodologies with a focus on high availability to end users. You will actively be participating in the design, development, testing and support of platform.
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: Do you love to collaborate & provide solutions? This team comes together across eight different locations every single day to craft enterprise grade applications that serve a large customer base with growing demand and usage. You will use a wide range of technologies and cultivate a collaborative environment with other internal teams.
The Impact: We focus primarily developing, enhancing and delivering required pieces of information & functionality to internal & external clients in all client facing applications. You will have a highly transparent role where even small changes have very wide impact.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities for innovation and learning new state of the art technologies
- To work in pure agile & scrum methodology
- Opportunity to work with a team responsible for the architecture, design and development of enterprise domain of our products.
- Be part of an agile team that designs, develops, and maintains the enterprise feed systems and other related software applications
- Participate in design sessions for new product features and capabilities
- Produce technical design documents and participate technical walkthroughs.
- Engineer components and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners.
- Support and maintain production environments
What we’re looking for:
- 4-8 years of web application development experience
- C#, ASP.Net (Web Forms + MVC), Java Script, XML/XSLT, HTML/XHTML, CSS3, Front End Web Development, T-SQL
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Scrum development.
- Processes: Software Engineering, Object-Oriented Software, Design Patterns, Agile Programming, Cross-browser Compatibility
- Ability to resolve serious performance related issues through various techniques, including testing, debugging and profiling
- Possess a true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; proven success as a problem solver, operating as a client-focused self-starter
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.