Our products rely heavily on data to allow our customers to find the companies, securities and markets they are interested in, to explore the relationships between entities, and to search using public tickers. This critical back-end driven data, allows our users to value their portfolios, monitor market moving events, understand their risk and maintain their back-office systems.
What’s in it for you:
This is the place to hone your existing database and leadership skills while having the chance to become exposed to fresh and divergent technologies (e.g. AWS RDS, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL, Cassandra, Apache NiFi, Attunity, SOLR, Vertica, and petabytes of storage hosted both on-premises and cloud platforms).
As a critical member of the team, this individual will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of database administrators and engineers to achieve product and team objectives.
As a Lead Database Administrator, you will Support, Administer, Manage, and Tune the multi-terabyte Database Systems that will enable S&P Global Market Intelligence to ingest, manage, process and serve-up Market Data Products (Research Content, Pricing, Ratings & Financial Aggregates) as well as our highly transactional and dynamic web-based MI and Legacy CIQ Platforms.
• Manage key database releases for QA, Pre-Production, Production and DR as part of the overall SDLC.
• Maintain database including patch applications and enhancements/upgrades of environments.
• Install upgrades and patches to existing databases servers
• Automate routine maintenance tasks using scripting technologies
• Solve non-routine problems and determine the best solution through cost/benefit analysis.
• Apply methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
• Work with other teams with in operations and peer groups like Development and QA as a lead and/or member.
• Work with IT Server Management and other groups and make sure that all events, incidents and problems are resolved as per the SLA.
• Improve efficiency and quality of delivery by automating routine tasks.
• Contribute to best of breed product support tools including run books, monitoring, and knowledge bases to aid in the product support process.
• Suggest improvements to current processes and tools we use and suggest implementation ideas.
• Perform database backups/ refreshes in non-prod environments.
• Participate 24x7 on call tier 3 support on a weekly rotating schedule
• Contribute to process and troubleshooting documentation.
• Should be able to support virtualized environment
• Work on different NO SQL technologies and provide solutions
What We are looking for:
We are looking for the kind of person that is not only a 'roll up the sleeves' hard core database technologist, but also a passionate database team member that will lead by example and motivate peers to excel.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
• 7+ years of hands-on database administration, support and performance tuning experience
• Experience in a start-up or Agile or Dev Ops environment is a plus.
• ITIL V3 Foundation Certified is a plus
• Experience on MS SQL Server, Postgres and NoSQL technologies
• Experience in building and managing AWS RDS
• Experience in Bash/PowerShell scripting
• Experience with data technologies like SOLR, HP Vertica, ELK Stack, Hadoop, Cassandra, Apache NiFi.
• Good experience with database support, administration, performance tuning, and database monitoring.
• Basic knowledge on PowerShell or any other scripting or program language is a must.
• Knowledge on Database Mirroring, SQL Always-On and Windows Clustering is a plus
• Excellent communication skills, with strong verbal and writing proficiency.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems involving Client Libraries (like ADO.NET), Operating Systems, Network and Storage is a plus.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive a ...Read More