Spirit of Math is a Canadian based after-school-school for high achieving students in mathematics. Spirit of Math has been operating in Canada for over 25 years with 8000+ students and 43 campuses with one in the United States. All of our classes run in the afternoon after day school hours. Please read the below job description
Reporting to their campuses Principal, a Teacher is responsible for following the Spirit of Math Curriculum and teaching the appointed grades while keeping up to Spirit of Math standards.
Spirit of Math teachers must have a lot of confidence in themselves to talk to parents and to promote confidence in the students. Typically, they are flexible, independent, detail-oriented and want to stick to a system. Spirit of Math teachers are professional and accountable.
The Teacher should have the capacity to achieve objectives that could take up to 6 months to execute.
The Teacher should value:
• Working with others and promote it whenever possible.
• Team work and have an innate need to help others.
• A Spirit of Math teacher is a life-long learner who wants to do extra professional development whenever possible. They also want to help their fellow teachers with their professional development.
The Spirit of Math environment is one in which everyone acknowledges that they are continually learning. This person must want to keep learning.
Skilled Knowledge & Experience:
The Teacher should have the following skilled knowledge and experience:
• Experience in an atmosphere with high-achieving youth is an asset
• Ability to follow a curriculum
• Highly-motivated to understand student needs
A degree or diploma from a recognized college or university. Teachers working in grades 7 and higher, their degree should be in an area where mathematics was studied. A Bachelor of Education is an asset, but not necessary.
The Teacher will report to the Principal and is accountable for the following:
• Passing evaluations
• Passing the grade-specific test
• Informing the Principal of any issues in the classroom or students who are struggling
• Giving extra help to students before and after classes
The Teacher has the following authority:
• To address negative behavior in the classroom
• To recommend to the Principal that a student be placed on probation
• To recommend strategies and solutions for success in SMS to students, parents, and the Principal
The Teacher is responsible for the following:
• Taking attendance
• Marking students’ homework
• Answering emails within 24 hours of receiving them
• Creating a lesson plan for each lesson from the curriculum book, following through with it and showing and/or giving a copy to the Principal
• Entering grades into Jupiter Grade Book
• Showing up to class a minimum of 45 minutes before class start for classroom preparation and in case of early students needing extra help
• Answering student inquiries on Canvas
• Attending grade-specific meetings
• Contacting parents about their child’s progress
• Supervising students
Salary 40,000 pkr per month
pSpirit of Math is a Canadian based after-school-school catering towards high achieving students in mathematics. Spirit of Math has been operating in Canada for over 25 years with 8000+ students and 43 campuses. All of our classes run in the afternoon, after day school hours and will be hosted in va ...Read More