We are looking for a highly motivated and technically sound DevOps /System/Linux Engineer. If you have Linux experience, a results-driven personality and a knack for solving problems, look no further! Come and join us!
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting Linux and HP-UX servers
- Ability to install, configure and maintain Linux servers both physical and virtual
- Ability to compile software such as the Linux kernel, apache, and other packages from source code.
- Managing Amazon Cloud Computing Services.
- Perform daily backup operations, Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Day to day maintenance of the AWS infrastructure
- Perform day-to-day administration including operating system troubleshooting, disk management, backup and recovery, patching and light application administration
- Create and maintain procedures to improve and automate manual processes
- Maintain a secure and compliant infrastructure
- Storage networking utilization - e.g. installing HBAs & drivers, configuring LUNs and volume managers (LVM on AIX or RedHat Linux).
The Applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Proficiency in Python, PERL, Shell Scripting and macro’s
- Automating routine tasks through shell and Perl scripting.
- Experience in multiple programming languages.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies including containerization, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid experience with clustering, load balancing and high availability solutions (HACMP, GPFS, etc.)
- Linux Heart Beat Clustering
- Have working knowledge of Veritas Cluster
- Should have strong OS administration skills on Linux
- Hands on experience on Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration.(version 4 ,5 and 6)
- Experience in Linux OS installation, Software and Patch management
- Volume Manager Administration Network OS / SW installation
- OS patching skills on UNIX ( Linux or Solaris)
- Strong knowledge on Solaris 9/10 or Redhat linux operating systems
- Should know how to debug/troubleshoot memory issues