Full stack PHP Developers wanted to join a growing start up.
Sprout Tech is a software vendor focusing on delivering high-quality digital marketing tools for small to medium-sized businesses. Over the last 4 years, we've grown from a small one-man, one-dev shop to an experienced and highly profitable business.
But there's a problem ...
Our customers are crying out for more and more tools. They've got money to pay but we need more smart people to help us do it.
And that's where you come in.
Skills you absolutely must have -
- Solid development skills in PHP. We're not just looking for people that can follow tutorials and piece things together. We want people that can actually code. If your solution to problems is going to google, this job is not for you.
- Good eye for design. As a full-stack developer, you will be the one coding the UI as well so you need to have a good eye for design while still keeping UX in mind.
- Some basic sysadmin skills. We don't expect you to know the ins and outs of every single technology involved but you mustn't freak out the moment you have to do something that isn't code.Here's an example. Our plugins for WP require PHP 7.1 and our hosted apps PHP 7.3. You'll need to swap between them at some point. If the idea of having to sort that out scares you, this isn't the job for you.
- You need to have great communication skills. Don't worry, we're not talking about having perfect English (nearly our entire dev team have English as a second language) but you might need to communicate with lots of different people in order to get the answers you need. If you can't explain yourself and understand what others tell you, please don't apply.
Technologies we use that it'd be nice if you've worked with before -
Still with us?
Fantastic, let me take a moment to explain what we offer in return -
- Obviously, a handsome salary.
- Interesting projects that will challenge your skills, not endlessly implementing the same CMS CRUD over and over.
- Freedom to get on with the job. We're not some giant company with dozens of people between you and a result. You'll be part of a small team that's trusted to get on and deliver great software.
- Flexible working hours - We have people working from all over the world so we've developed systems to cope with that. As long as you can be online for the important few conversations (like project briefs) the rest of it is down to you to schedule.
- Reasonable deadlines agreed based on what is possible not set by someone from marketing who thought today would be a good day to flog the troops until dawn.
Sounds like what you're looking for? Great.
Send us details of what you can and can't do (be honest, it's important) as well as a few details about who you are as a person and we'll be in touch.
Final note: The question asks if you've read little red riding hood. Don't answer with a yes, select "I'm not an idiot" instead. Anyone that fails to do this will be instantly rejected.
At Sprout Tech, we provide our international clientele with top-notch SaaS & WordPress plugin solutions.