A general contracting company is looking for a self-motivated, focused individual who is positive and willing to learn new drafting program. The Quantity Surveyor must also be skilled in using AutoCAD and would be computer proficient MS Office.
Quantity Surveying Responsibilities
- Experience in all facets of quantity surveying including cost planning, quantity take-off, preparation of BOQ, estimating, tender and contract document production, report writing, claim evaluation/ negotiation, valuation of variations and agreement of new rates.
- Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximize the company’s cashflow
- Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
- Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
- Collaboration and working as part of a team, Work under the direction of PM.
- Liaison with teams working remotely to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
- Assist in preparation of necessary documents for contracts close-outs.
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality and in a cost-effective manner.
AutoCAD/ Drafting Responsibilities
- Draft and prepare layout drawings of the given structures, components and devices.
- Produce draft designs and diagrams according to the given specifications.
- Prepare shop drawings and diagrams for civil construction.
- Calculate dimensions and allowances with accurate precision.
- Revise drawings and layouts to accommodate changes and enhancements.
- Accommodate safety procedures and issues in installation and construction drawings.
- DAE/BE Civil/ Quantity Surveying
- 5-10 years’ experience in surveying & quantity take off.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Hands on experience with MS Office
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Knowledge of computer drafting software, quantity surveying software
- A two-year diploma in Computer Aided Drafting is an asset.
- Minimum 3-year experience in a CAD Operator role is must.
- Outstanding fluency and skill within the AutoCAD program.
- Experience of using Primavera P6 or similar planning tool.
The job will be performed remotely from Islamabad/ Lahore Office and working hours shall be 40/week. The successful candidate must be willing to work with US Eastern time (EST) zone for better coordination and engagement with the team. You are expected to be at your desk and online using instant messaging software during traditional EST business hours, 8am – 5pm. To work efficiently, the candidate must be well versed with latest collaboration tools such as OneDrive/ Dropbox, Outlook, Skype for Business and TeamViewer etc.
Benefits include competitive basic salary, paid vacation ( after probation) and yearly bonus based on company and indvual performance.