This position reports to the Manager of End User system design and implementation. As an integral part of the infrastructure and operations teams, the SAN Storage, Virtualization, Backup and Recovery Administrator is responsible for the architecture, tuning and maintenance of our customers, corporate data backup, recovery and SAN-Based storage needs in a 24 x 7 environment. Working with industry experts and other IT and business teams, the SAN Storage, Backup and Recovery Administrator is responsible for achieving overall technical integrity, data availability, recoverability and administration of the organization’s storage and backup infrastructure.
1.Familiarities with open source technologies and cloud platforms(Open Stack, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
2. Experience with automation/configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Juju etc.)
3. Development expertise (C, Perl, Bash, Python, PHP)
4. Familiarities with Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, SDS, RAID etc.)
5. Ability to design, deploy and configure open source tools like (Open Stack, Ceph, GlusterFS etc.)
6. Ability to interact with the customer, understand requirements and propose solutions.
7. Ability to deliver product overview and demo to customers.
8. Good background in Linux/Unix and Windows Server Administration.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience of information technology
· Minimum 3 years’ experience of server hardware
· Minimum 3 years’ experience of Storage Administration
· Minimum 3 years’ experience of Virtualization (preferred VMware)
· Minimum 3 years’ experience of Backup architecture, support, and administration (Acronis, Veeam)
· Minimum 5 years’ experience of SAN fabric management (iSCSI, NAS)
· Project management experience including timeline planning, resource allocation, and budget control
· Working knowledge of Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2012
· Working knowledge of SharePoint 2003/2007/2010
· Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
· Working knowledge of Firewalls and Security as they relate to Storage & Backup
· Excellent problem-solving skills required
· Excellent Team Building skills required
· Excellent Time management required
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Strong ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects required
· Excellent learning skills required
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills required
· Team Building Skills and People management experience required
· Ability to provide results with minimal supervision
StoneFly is an IT Infrastructure-focused business unit of Dynamic Network Factory (DNF Corp) a member of the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), the founding member of the IP Storage Institute (IPSI), a VMware TAP Elite Partner, and a VMware Professional Solution Provider Partner. Ston ...Read More