The MEAL Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of program activities, with a focus on providing unbiased, realistic and meaningful information to stakeholders (management, donors etc.) in order to ensure accountability and continuous improvement, by actively incorporating key learnings into future activities. The MEAL Officer is also responsible for developing and/or assisting the Senior MEAL Officer (NC) in developing MEAL plans and frameworks, and maintaining already existing MEAL frameworks, as well as ensuring that the organization’s MIS stays current with project data, at all times.
His/her Key responsibilities include but are not limited to designing monitoring and evaluation tools, planning surveys or evaluations, analyzing and reporting quantitative and qualitative M&E data, and working with project team to build their capacity.
- The MEAL Officer will be responsible for providing technical monitoring and evaluation support to program teams and overseeing all M&E plans for programs
- The MEAL Officer will ensure timely monthly, quarterly annual reporting of Project
- Develop and ensure adherence to a detailed implementation plan for M&E activities with Support of Senior MEAL Officer-NC
- Develop project related qualitative and quantitative M&E tools with the technical support from Senior MEAL Officer-NC
- To train the project staff in using relevant M&E data tools for the improvement of program activities.
- Catalogue lessons learned and achievements in the field for better project designing and decision making, and for donor reporting and cultivation.
- Work with the Senior MEAL Officer- NC to identify opportunities to strengthen the office’s overall monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning activities.
- He/she will adhere SPO Policies and Procedures
Program Management & Implementation:
- Support the Regional Manager/Project Manager and Senior MEAL Officer- NC in his/her functions to oversee and manage program implementation functions, including budget and finance management, work planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting functions.
- Support the Regional Manager and Senior MEAL Officer- NC in his/her functions to coordinate and manage the overall quality delivery of the program in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assist in preparing annual work plans & budget in line with the program outputs and objectives.
- Provide strategic guidance on activity planning, implementation strategies and future program orientation
- Carry out any other activities as assigned by the supervisor
Other responsibilities and desired skills:
- Promotes a knowledge-sharing and learning culture in the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of development issues capacity to learn and manage.
- Knowledge management, frequent reporting and drafting policy briefs for stakeholders.
- Participate in the SPO program planning and review meetings if needed.
- Participate in professional development training as identified and approved by the Supervisor.
- Carry out any other project relevant activities as assigned by the supervisor.
Only locals are eligible to apply
- Candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process will be automatically disqualified.
- Women and minority candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ready to work immediately.
SPO strongly prohibits Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), accordingly; candidate background and reference check will be conducted.