1. Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
2. Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, or tracking transportation vehicles, such as trucks, cars etc.
3. Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, environmental policies, or government regulations.
4. Serve as contact persons for all workers within assigned territories.
5. Implement schedule or policy changes for transportation services.
6. Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
7. Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
8. Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes.
9. Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
10. Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
11. Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
12. Plan or implement changes to transportation services, such as reducing routes, optimizing capacities, employing alternate modes of transportation, or minimizing idling.
13. Set operations policies and standards, including determining safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods.
14. Negotiate, authorize, or monitor fulfillment of contracts with equipment or materials suppliers.
15. Evaluate transportation vehicles or auxiliary equipment for purchase by considering factors such as fuel economy or aerodynamics.
16. Identify or select transportation and communications system technologies to reduce costs or environmental impacts.
Originally set up as Bano Chappal, a single store in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar, in 1974, Stylo has become one of the most recognized names in Pakistani footwear and has no intention of slowing down. The brand has over 90 stores in 45 cities in Pakistan. An ISO 9001-2000 certified company, the brand n ...Read More