We are looking for highly qualified and skilled individuals for the position of Civil Engineer. This will be project based position.
Responsibilities You will be responsible for the project execution, modification and renovation work as per design and specifications ensuring quality, efficiency and timely completion of the project within the budget. Participate in the preparation of plans and specifications for infrastructure/services; scrutinize structural drawings and estimates of the assigned projects. You will be provided opportunities to engage with local firms to execute the projects as per Institutional standards and guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible to:
- Execute project / modification and renovation work as per design and specifications within the agreed timelines and budget allocation.
- Participate in the preparation of plans and specifications for infrastructure/services of the assigned construction projects. Scrutinize structural drawings and estimates for the proposed projects.
- Intervene to resolve problems/conflicts and recommend modifications in design, materials and quality of work. Obtain approvals from the Project Manager to implement the modifications.
- Ensure strict compliance to Environment Health and Safety guidelines set by the institution through SEMP (Safety Environment Management Plan).
- In coordination with the Construction Manager, closely monitor the performance of supervisors to ensure continuous quality control and progress.
- Verify quantities and arrange to prepare Bill of Quantities (BOQs) for implementation of work within the budget, procurement of materials and labor resource planning.
- Raise requisition of civil materials for the procurement of Owner Furnished Material (OFM).
- Perform any other duties related to the scope of the assignment that might arise and as determined by the Project Manager.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil).
- 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Must be registered with PEC as a professional engineer
- Basic knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical works.
- Be able to read and understand constructional drawings.
- Knowledge of project works as well as market condition with related items.
- Ability to work under stress and in special circumstances.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.