We are looking for a champion full stack developer (particularly NodeJS/React) who wants to create products that will drastically change customer experiences in industries open for disruption. You will be in charge of the end to end tech development of the products at our startup studio and will have a great amount of influence into product development. You will have to be a great believer in user design and experience, without which every product is more or less the same.
If you want to help figure out how to think and work differently in a world of monopolization, then this is the job for you. Do you love technology, and understand that real change comes from people doing different things, rather than people doing the same things differently? Do you want to dedicate the next 5 years of your life to making something big? If so, let’s speak.
What You’ll Do?
- A passion and talent for web and mobile applications, with an appreciation of all the pieces of the puzzle that make it happen.
- Proven NodeJS, React and React Native development experience; buildings app from scratch including backend API
- Start working immediately on our property rental platform focusing on making renting easier in Dubai, already in beta.
- Experience with visual design and prototyping
- Solid understanding and practical experience of engineering fundamentals of development such as performance, APIs, troubleshooting, latency, etc.
- Build real solutions through experimentation and prioritizing user experience
- Accelerate and improve the experience of end users through developing and contributing to product features, services and methodologies.
- Confidence in working with version control systems such as Gitlab.
- Experience with interaction design, crossing over into UX
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products; seize learning and knowledge sharing opportunities. Read; teach; learn.
- Be interested in learning, building and applying artificial intelligence, machine learning and chat bot-based applications
- Change the world, a product at a time.
Strategy, planning, and design:
- Take end-to-end ownership of the product, identify technology requirements, define the product vision, create preliminary design concepts and shape overall technology and product roadmap by collaborating with the founder, marketing and business development
- Ensure user oriented design is the primary approach to product development across multiple screens, based on user behavior data and direct customer feedback
Implementation and deployment:
- Min of 1-3 years of hands on experience in payment gateways implementation, architecture design, product management, databases and UI/UX in consumer facing applications
- Collaborate with team and customers to define use cases
- Creation of wireframes/prototypes, site maps and user-flows for web and mobile platforms
- Support marketing by implementing technical requirements for SEO/product analytics
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration & system testing
- Rigorously monitor key performance metrics and coordinate with various teams to take corrective actions if needed
- Establish and forecast ROI of features and succinctly articulate competitive advantage
- Good knowledge of frameworks and platforms.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working alone or in teams
- Excellent recruiter to manage a team of 2-3 developers, designers and testers over time
- Willingness to learn and utilize emerging technologies
- Sincere passion to change the world
- Familiar with iterative and agile development processes
- Decent compensation, but great equity
- Extremely flat hierarchy, no bureaucracy, reporting to founder