Are you an experienced CTO (Chief Technology Officer) looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment? Do you want to build products you are incredibly proud of within a team of great friends and colleagues? Are you ready to play an instrumental role as a member of a start-up with incredibly ambitious growth plans in Pakistan?
Apricart E-stores is looking for a competent CTO who will be our first technology go-to expert and play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
If you are ambitious, multitasking go-getter able to thrive in the fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
Creating as a team and growing as a team
The successful candidate will be tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with its vision for its technological needs. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in technological development.
In this position, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan and manage all information technology resources of our company.
You will work directly under the CEO and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
You will be responsible for outlining the company's technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company's business needs.
The candidate should be rethinking the customer journey, use of technology, including artificial intelligence to help with technologically enhanced use cases.
· Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
· Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
· Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
· Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
· Champion/facilitate the widespread adoption of innovations
· Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
· Outline the goals for research and development
· Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services
· Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements
· Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
· Acting as a mentor to technology team members
· Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of IT projects to market
· Managing technology budgets and time frames
· Staying on top of technology trends and developments
· Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
· Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
· Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
· Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
· Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
· Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and technological enhancements
· Lead, develop and motivate a staff capable of resolving business/technical issues; orient their efforts toward high-value results that support company business strategies/priorities; hold them accountable for results
Who you are:
· Previous working experience as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for 7 – 10 years is preferred; or 7 – 10 years of progressive experience in a technological role management out of which 5 years must be managerial experience; including experience strategically using technology to enable a business strategy
· Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
· In-depth knowledge of web, API, App systems architecture, design and development
· Experience with AWS and Azure security assessment/hardening.
· Demonstrated success as a senior IT leader/business manager
· Retail innovation/technology experience (e.g., data management, networking, current development languages, agile methodology, DevOps, cloud computing, cyber security, robotics and AI/ML)
· Strong business acumen to drive business solutions
· Ability to envision/contribute to strategic plans and create buy in
· Ability to facilitate/lead change at all organizational levels and drive continuous improvement
· Strong problem-solving/decision-making skills
Experienced global firm of management consultants