Finance Officer Job Purpose:
- Responsible for the financial health of an organization.
- Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research, guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
Finance officer Job Duties:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as vendor invoicing and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Research and analyses financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
Finance officer Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a finance role
- understanding of data privacy standards
- Good communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices planning skills, research skills, analytical skills, critical thinking & problem-solving skills.