To research and pursue new business leads to the growth of the business. The role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional interpersonal skills. The Manager is expected to work on new business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation of an organization’s products/services.
Key Responsibilities and Duties/Results Expected:
- Assists Business Development team in day-to-day activity
- Attends and participates in new business meetings
- Assists with special projects and as needed
- Develop prospect targets and prospect plan by market and service
- Research on new business clients, pitches and prospects
- Gathering credentials, case studies and other info
- Compile and distribute status reports, pipeline documents, and newsletters
- Maintains knowledge of current events in business, marketing and advertising
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact in a professional manner with clients, vendors and staff
- Applying an understanding of the key company policies, standard operating procedures and practices.
- Researching and understanding client business operations and agenda
- Identifying and articulating project drivers, strategic fit and commercial benefits with client
- Responding to customer’s needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction
Helping to identify technology needs and mobilizing technologies that provide easy access to services and methods for enhancing learning and personal productivity
Conceptualization and Problem Solving
- Supporting recommendations by objective facts and research
- Taking into account logic, facts, resources, constraints, and organizational goals when weighing matters
- Employing structured approaches to generate ideas, evaluate and select options
- Proficiency in developing and evaluating options and alternative courses of action
Communication and Presentation
- Demonstrating good oral and written communication skills
- Using a range of techniques and approaches to convey thoughts and ideas in a range of situations
- Well presented (Good personal hygiene, dressing appropriately, etc.)
- Demonstrating confidence and assertiveness in an interpersonal manner
- Communicating appropriately via nonverbal behaviour (i.e. eye contact, etc.)
- Demonstrating a conceptual and practical understanding of approaches and tools to help organization groups, units (teams, functions, divisions, regions, subsidiaries) capture, share and exploit knowledge to support achieving objectives
- Developing and implementing strategies for maximizing the collaboration of non-co-related workgroups.
Assessment and Measurement Skills
- Demonstrating the ability to determine key needs, diagnose and address problems, identify key metrics, and accurately monitor the progress of important initiatives and activities.
- Maintaining focus on a fair and empowering work environment for all employees.