Under general direction of the Chief Executive Officer provide legal support and represent the Company in certain Criminal litigation and perform certain Corporate duties, in particular:
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
1. Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company i.e., prepare summonses, writs, defenses, submissions and other pleadings in Criminal & Corporate cases both “for and against” the Company.
2. Research and prepare legal opinions on various Criminal & Corporate matters including copyrights, Trademarks & Patents for compensation for the Company.
3. To prepare & proceed criminal cases on Copyrights ©, Trademarks ™ and Patents by engaging concerned authorities like Court, Police, FIA, Quran Board etc.
4. Prepare, file and plead cases in Court in pursuit of amounts owed to the Company.
5. Advise on Criminal & Corporate matters to Management.
6. File oppositions in matters where title is being passed or property is being encumbered and there are arrears due and payable to the Company.
7. Advise on Legal compliances.
8. Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
9. Submit all judgments to the Management.
10. Submit quarterly reports on targets achieved together with an appraisal report to the Chief Executive Officer.
11. Cause to be maintained, a database of the status of all court matters involving the Company.
12. Represent the Company at Arbitration and in Court hearings.
13. Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies in legal perspective.
14. Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
JOB QUALIFICATION(S) AND EXPERIENCE:
L.L.B with at least five (5) years of experience in handling legal matters as a practicing Lawyer in a corporate environment.
Should be Member of High Court Bar.
Taj Company ltd is publishing Holy Quran and other Islamic books since 1929. The company takes pride in being one of the first publishers of Holy Quran. We aim to spread the word of Allah and peace through Quran and Islamic books.