We are looking for a senior backend developer to participate in the creation of new products and features, from the idea stage to launch and join our team in Islamabad.
You are a high-energetic, motivated, adaptive and creative person who is interested in contributing to the early stages of a startup, working on an exciting opportunity in the logistics and transportation industry. You’re excited about modern technologies and OOPs, you have experience working with AWS services, Laravel, NoSQL, SQL, REST APIs & you couldn’t live without GIT, connecting GIT with AWS and you’re always looking to find the best solution to a problem.
As a member of the engineering team, your main responsibility is to ensure that features on the roadmap are implemented properly, according to the plan and during the given sprint timelines. You’ll be participating in technical discussions to provide solutions for technical implementation. You will work in close collaboration with our CEO, Backend Team Lead and Product Manager and will be reporting directly to the Backend Team Lead on a daily basis.
- Design and build scalable REST APIs
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests cases. (PHP Unit is must)
- Work with the Android, iOS, web, product and design teams to build innovative, robust, and easy-to-use features for our users.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture.
Requirements / Skills
- B.A. or B.S. required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a backend developer
- Strong communication skills, including strong English fluency
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS and object caches such as PostgreSQL, NoSqL, Mongodb (Must), Memcached, Redis and knowledge of how to design, tune and optimize SQL queries and caching strategies.
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with a good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with coding standards such as PSR4 and PEP8
- Experience with PHP (Laravel)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies using JIRA
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming languages, Python is a Big Plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Experience with AWS (Lambda , ElasticSearch)
- Mapping of data, Docker and CI tools
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience in using frameworks such as bootstrap, foundation, angularJS, react JS etc.
- Experience with major NodeJS technologies such as Express.js and Passport.js
- Candidates should have proven experience in modern PHP Web development tools and techniques
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- Good understanding of layout and basic user interface design principles
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Extensive knowledge and experience using MySQL
- Strong understanding of deployment processes and server configuration
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets.
- Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment.
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Proactive attitude
- Possess a spirit of generosity